Multiple Excursions in 1 Day?

newcruiser30

Hello,

We have never cruised before, but we are planning our first Western Caribbean cruise in April. My husband and I (who are in our early 30's) are adventurous people who like to see and do alot. Is it possible to plan 2 excursions the same day, or would that not leave us enough time to get back to the ship? For example, a Mexico tour which is supposed to last 1.5 hrs and something else that is supposed to last 3 hours. We were planning on using the Costa Maya port for our "relaxation/beach" day.

Thank you for your advice.

:)

If you are going to do this, I'd want the later excursion to be through the ship just in case. I'm not sure I'd do this on my 1st cruise but I'm not that adventurous. I prefer to learn the "lay of the land" so to speak before taking chances.

Yes you can do 2 during the day. You might want to pre book one now if it's impt to you and fill the other one in once you are on the ship. Sometimes scheduled trips don't fill up and are cancelled or you are put into a different time slot.

I've done it before. I booked both through the cruise lines and they let me know if the time spread was good. When I met with the guide for the first cruise we made them aware of our second excursion and they hussled a little bit at the end to get us back in time. Early and later is the key. That way you might still have time to go back on board and dump the stuff you no longer need (like swimsuits) and get the new stuff (your camera) and still have time to eat. Also to consider is the meeting place. If get dropped off at the pier and meet at the pier, perfect. If you get dropped off in town but then have to meet at the pier in 30 minutes, that might be tight.

My wife and I booked two excursions in Nassau, Bahamas when we were on the Carnival Sensation. Unfortunately, the first one was canceled due to rough seas (glass bottom boat tour). I would ensure you have sufficient time between the two excursions of at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Excursions can run late. Enjoy! :cool:

We frequently do two tours in one day, but we always make sure that the last tour of the day is booked through the ship to avoid any problems getting back to the ship. We also try to make sure the tour ends at leat an hour before we have to board. If it cuts it too close, we do something else.

We found, however, that it's easier to pace yourself and not do this back-to-back as you tend to just get wound up in the mechanics of the thing and forget to look around you. Sometimes, traveling isn't just about as much as you can, but actually stopping and making the most out of what you do experience.

You also need to be aware that if you book 2 ship sponsored tours back-to-back, there is sufficient time between the two. I tried to do two during a cruise once (I think it was on Princess) and there was only 30 minutes between the two excursions. The computer would't let me book one of them. So I had to choose a different excursion.

Theresa

Archived