inexpensive jetski in grand cayman possible?

tanyanubin

That's about what I figured. Do you think we'd need reservations before we go, or could we wing it? Any opinions on what beach would be good? 2 of us want to jet ski, 2 of us don't really want to, so a beach that has other stuff to do would be ideal. Any thoughts? Thanks again!

You will not need reservations. When we were there in July the sign at the Reef Grill said their rentals were $65 for a single and $95 for a double. This would be in cayman dollars so US would be a little over $80 for a single. That would be a nice spot for the non jet skiers to enjoy the beach. Their website is http://www.reefgrill.com. Cab fare there should be $4-$5/person.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

We went to Cayman last Feb and were really interested in Jetskis. Of course we found out its 75ish per 30 minutes and thought that wasnt really worth it. I did my research and found a 3 hour jetski tour that stopped at StingRay city and then some snorkeling not to far from that. It was good Value to us because we got the tour and about an hour of free riding inbetween. We all booked our own ride and it was 110/pp.

You can double book a larger one for a little more and that would drive the cost pp down. The jetskis were really nice and they provided transportation to and from port.

Looking at the site now, it looks as if the prices have gone up slightly and it mentions 2 hours tours. I could have sworn ours was 3.

Ebanks water sports in Cayman.

RE: Cheap jet ski in Grand Cayman

Last January we used a private tour operator that offered Jet ski combined with Stingray City. It was awesome. After the Jet ski tour ended, we had the use of a lovely private beach and resort with a cafe. The cost was much less than the cost of individual jet ski rental by the hour. Here is a link to the website:

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaverunner.htm

We will be visiting again in March on the Celebrity Century. We plan to do this same excursion again.

The tour operator will meet you at a prearranged location near the pier. You can stay on the beach afterwards as long as you like and then they provide a ride back to the pier.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Last January we used a private tour operator that offered Jet ski combined with Stingray City. It was awesome. After the Jet ski tour ended, we had the use of a lovely private beach and resort with a cafe. The cost was much less than the cost of individual jet ski rental by the hour. Here is a link to the website:

We will be visiting again in March on the Celebrity Century. We plan to do this same excursion again.

The tour operator will meet you at a prearranged location near the pier. You can stay on the beach afterwards as long as you like and then they provide a ride back to the pier.

Good luck!

I just finished reviewing website, and looks like a great option for two adults, and two 17. Can you tell me a few more details-

-approx how many people are on tour (a caravan of jetskis?)

-do you only go to Stingray City? (I was hoping to see starfish beach area)

-do you know name of private beach area you went back to?

what was time schedule like-pick up time, and time you got back to beach- thanks

• 2 months later...

Good luck!

did you do waverunner tour again with GCexcursions? We have set up tour with them June and looking for a review or info- thanks

• 4 years later...

Buffettfan, How was the Jetski tour you did in Cayman. I own a jetski of my own and wanted to make sure that this tour was not going to be a regimented don't go over35 MPH, follow the leader in a rectangle riding area type thing. Did you ever post a review on the excursion. It would be me and the wife and 17yr old and 14 yr old boys.

Archived