Sydney Harbor

CruisenOne

Thought that we would pass this along since we found it by accident.

On the Opera House side of Circular Quay, there is an Elevator that takes you to an elevated roadway.

It is beside a coffee bar.

Great place to take photos of the Harbor; with the Bridge and Opera House.

Thought that we would pass this along since we found it by accident.

On the Opera House side of Circular Quay, there is an Elevator that takes you to an elevated roadway.

It is beside a coffee bar.

Great place to take photos of the Harbor; with the Bridge and Opera House.

wondering if this is at the bottom of Macquarie St somewhere so I'm thinking you'd be at the harbour end of the grounds of Government House or just outside them in the Botanical Gardens?

It sounds like an elevator to the Cahill Expressway, near to Circular Quay station (Opposite the ferries).

have walked along there a few times but not for many years and can't remember seeing a lift. as I said though was a long time ago that I did it last.

It sounds like an elevator to the Cahill Expressway, near to Circular Quay station (Opposite the ferries).

It is indeed a lift up to the pathway on the Cahill Expressway. It is to the east of the train station and about halfway between the Manly ferry waharf and the first office bulding (Coca Cola Amatil I think) behind an open air cafe, and underneath the rail laine. I can attest that it provides agreat vantage point for photos of ships at the OPT.

Cheers

Bob

i personally think one of the best photo taking spot around circular quay is from the top of the south-east bridge pylon.

i don't think most people even know you can go up there

you access it by walking across the harbour bridge on the east side and walk in the door at the pylon.

the only down sides to this is the harbour bridge pylon museum so entry will cost about $10 and you have to walk up about 200 steps but the bridge information and the view are well worth it.

and they do have a web site just google pylonlookout

mic

Archived