Roll Call: Pride March 18, 09 TA Crossing

Martita B.

We will depart Ft Lauderdale on March 18th ~~call on Funchal, Madeira, March 29th (Sunday) then on to Lisbon arriving March 31st.

Our Captain will be Mark Dexter, Hotel Manager, Lulu (Laurent) and at the Sky Bar Mr. Nelson will be aboard!:D He ask if he could continue on from South America and be with us on the Pride's last TA Crossing ~~as to the other Officer's, Staff and Crew I'll do some investigating and try to post these later.

Come join us ~~

Martita B.

I have compiled a list of the Pride March 18th Crossing Guests that I know have booked. A few are CCer's that will post their names to the roll call at a later date.

JB, GP, AW, WT, J&D (Birmingham Boy's) LT, MB& D, M&L (Eng.) D&C and C&M (N.C.) F. (Norway) F&A, E&P (Seattle Boy's) DP (Eng) and MBH

Anyone else?

Martita B.

• 2 weeks later...

Merrilyn and Peter

Thanks for adding your names to the Pride TA roll call.

I noticed on your profile your birthday is March 27th ~~my Father's birthday!:p As there are so many Pride Crossing "Pisces babies" I think we should plan a Sky Bar birthday party one afternoon ~~EB-March 1st (not certain if he'll be aboard this year)

JB-March 6th Mine-March 13th LT-March 18th DM March 21st Miss A.-March 21st FC March 25th Yours March 27th

Please look forward to a magical, fun time aboard the Pride! Lots of great seasoned Crosser's will be aboard ~~Captain Dexter also has some different events "up his sleeve!":confused: Frog races, anyone?

Martita B.

Thanks for the wish Peter and Merrilyn. I wish I was on, and will miss all of you!

Martita, you'd better have a "fast" Pisces party, as Aries begins on the 21st of March! :D

Host Dan

Anthony

Yes, I added F&A to our roll call:D ~~

How exciting that Fran's birthday is March 21st along with Dr. D's and Miss A. ~~we will definitely plan a party at the Sky Bar one afternoon ~~ "The March Babies Birthday Celebration!"

I'm sure you will be in touch with the pastry chef and have a special cake delivered to Fran on the 21st ~~

Thanks for posting her birthday!

MB

Hello Martita

We are looking forward to the crossing even now! It's so nice to have something so enjoyable happening in the near future.

The Skybar will the the place to be I think! Do you think we will have to issue tickets for the parties !!! hahahaha.

Peter

Has anybody welcomed you already to the Seabourn board? I don't think so. May I be the one?

I noticed I haven't seen your name before: That's why I WELCOME YOU TO THE SEABOURN BOARD!

I hope you will have a wonderful crossing! I like them too, but hope to be on the Legend in April.

Marja

If I have missed a Pride Crosser's March birthday, please post.

We certainly want to celebrate all March "special days" on the Transatlantic Crossing ~~!

Peter, as to tickets to the parties, I have often thought of organizing a "White Elephant Sale" on a TA Crossing ~~ my thoughts have been to invite those that want to participate to bring "something" they do not want and to place a price tag on it ~~then assemble the items on a table ~~we would each buy the "elephants"

then donate the proceeds to the Crew Fund ~~perhaps even accept Guests donations and we could then host a Crew Party! (in Dec. I hosted the Crew's Bingo night ~~)

I know.......sometimes my imagination is a 'lit "over the top!" The "White Elephant Sale" won't happen......but it would be alot fun!:p

Martita B.

I noticed the Seabourn excursion in Funchal, "Tea Time at Reid's"

will be $99 ~~I'm wondering if they will be open on Sunday, 29th.

I had planned on going to the "Old Town Market" ~~but now I'll revise my option and probably just go to the Super Market for fresh flowers.

Martita B.

Matt

According to my Holiday Rental Agent, Margot, Madeira port authorities have been "discussing" this issue for years ~~no decision has been made as to rebuilding the Funchal cruise pier.

I was suprised at the cost of Reid's "Tea Time" ~~if I remember correctly when this was a complimentary excursion Reid's charged Seabourn $75 per guest. Most of the Pride 2009 Crosser's have already experienced Reid's "Tea."

JB and I will op for a morning of "grocery store" shopping! Or if Cheffy organizes a shopping tour we'll go along with him. Always fun!:p

Martita B.

I wasn't planning on going to the Tea had they kept the free excursions (Legend Crossing) since I have already done it twice.

Martita, remember the trunkload of flowers and everyone's awe and wonder that you managed to get Miss A off the ship??

Matt

Oh yes, I certainly do recall managing to get Miss A. to join me in a shore experience ~~and what an experience! We were in Las Palmas and I simply forgot I was wearing my official "Top Gun" suit. We took a Taxi to the plaza where Miss A was going to have a coffee while I shopped for party favors ~~! The locals at the open air restaurant were chatting loudly "vigilancia.....policia, policia!" After evesdropping I understood........they thought I was Miss A.'s bodyguard! (her dress is always impeccably stylish along with her gorgeous jewelry) Then the port agent did not want our Taxi to go directly up to the ship.....wanted us to walk! How rude!! We weren't about to walk......so I hailed a real Policeman and told him we were elderly ladies trying to get back to the Pride ship and we were unable to walk!! He got his keys out and opened the locked gates for us......off we rode right up to the gangway.

I guess HE also thought I was her bodyguard ~~dressed in that suit!

Oh.....the stories we can all tell! Should we compile an expose book?

Martita B.

We're arriving on the 16th March for the Pride transatlantic on the 18th. Does anyone have any tips on getting from Miami airport to our Fort Lauderdale hotel? We don't want a hire car as we will be jet lagged after a 12 hour journey. Is it best to just take a chance on a taxi at the airport, in which case, at what cost? Alternatively should we pre book a cab? Has anyone any recommendations, please?

Merrilyn and Peter

You should be fine with a metered taxi. Perhaps on the Ports of Call BB you will get more information; I don't know the cost since I fly into Ft Lauderdale. You can also ask your hotel for the approximate cost and if they recommend a certain shuttle.

Since you have time, I wouldn't bother booking a car or special taxi.

We're arriving on the 16th March for the Pride transatlantic on the 18th. Does anyone have any tips on getting from Miami airport to our Fort Lauderdale hotel? We don't want a hire car as we will be jet lagged after a 12 hour journey. Is it best to just take a chance on a taxi at the airport, in which case, at what cost? Alternatively should we pre book a cab? Has anyone any recommendations, please?

Merrilyn and Peter

Hi Merrilyn & Peter,

I am sure that you remember us from the Legend, Brian & Kathryn (mushrooms) Brian says that he will never ever forget your first date with Peter!!! It is advisable NOT to rely on taxis, some are OK but you can end up with a nightmare as we have experienced, we have found Helmut to be as cheap as the taxi and you get a luxury limousine, I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting his contact address: airshuttleone@aol.com. he will look after you and not rip you off. have a great cruise!!!!

Hi Merrilyn & Peter,

I am sure that you remember us from the Legend, Brian & Kathryn (mushrooms) Brian says that he will never ever forget your first date with Peter!!! It is advisable NOT to rely on taxis, some are OK but you can end up with a nightmare as we have experienced, we have found Helmut to be as cheap as the taxi and you get a luxury limousine, I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting his contact address: airshuttleone@aol.com. he will look after you and not rip you off. have a great cruise!!!!

Hi Kathryn!

Nice to see you posting!

Hope the newly born is doing great?

Thanks for the email address of Helmut. I stored it in my address book, because it may be handy, when we fly to or from Miami. Well, actually it might be better FROM Miami, because picking you up from the ship in Ft. Lauderdale might be difficult, regarding all the other ships and taxis that are usually there.

Have a nice Sunday!

Marja

Hi Marja,

baby Reuben is doing very well thank you!!! I think his mummy is in need of sleep though!

We use Helmut when we disembark in Fort Lauderdale as it is reassuring to know that he is waiting for you no matter how many big ships are in. He has a lovely Lincoln Limousine which is much more comfortable than the beat up yellow taxis and he usually works out about the same price or just a little less than the taxi! maybe I should not have posted his name as we will not be able to book him in November after the crossing, he will be booked up!

We are starting to get ready for our Hong Kong trip in March.

Hope that you and Renee are well.

Kathryn

Kathryn

Thank you for the car/driver information. A reliable driver info is always good to know ~~as I have a good friend that flies into Miami I will certainly pass on this valuable info to her.

Hope all is well with you:p

Martita B.

Good to hear Reuben is fine!

I wish you a wonderful cruise Kathryn!

And as to being well or not........ I'm hanging in there........ probably having my surgery........ still not sure. Well, the neurosurgeon is, but I'm not........ completely.

Whatever........ go and have a good time together!

Marja

• 2 weeks later...

I received an e-mail this morning stating "Seabourn has dropped the rate for the Pride TA Crossing to 60% off brochure prices. The offer is for a 1 week (Feb.) promotion."

Would be a good deal for last minute bookers!:p I'm guessing it will not affect those of us who have made final payment.

Martita B.

Archived