Carnival Sea Miles - should have known better

Personally, I think it's fiscally-sound and a wise move for banks and others to cancel cards that aren't being used.

Anything they can do to help their balance sheets makes sense in this economic climate.

Why have a card you don't use, anyway? If you want it and get benefits, then use it. If you don't, then why have it?

I have two cards - one MC and one Visa. I use the Visa most of the time. Earns points which I then redeem for Carnival certificates! The other is used for smaller items. Between the two of them, I have some insane credit limit of about $70,000!! :eek:

I don't want or need other cards.

Use what you have or close them. Don't open new accounts just to have a card and then not use it.

Plenty of articles out there on the internet about wise credit card use and how having not enough or too many open cards can hurt your credit rating.

Rather than being all indignent about it, perhaps think about why it is happening. Many banks are hurting. Making sound decisions is a GOOD thing for them to do. The more banks that survive, the better, for us as consumers, in the long run.

Can you tell me which card you use for earning points to be used toward Carnival certificates. Than sounds like the way to go.

I have a Visa and I think the program is TravelPlus. There's a yearly fee (of course) but you have plenty of options on how to redeem the points/miles.

These Carnival certificates have to be redeemed directly with Carnival and are used only to pay for the cruise, so I book with a PVP.

No wonder the financial services companies are financially/morally bankrupt, they're also sincerely stupid and conscientiously ignorant. I have excellent credit, but HBSC canceled my MC due to lack of use. It was a union sponsored card with no rewards so why should I use it. Then Chase sent me a notice if I didn't transfer my checking account to them, they were canceling my Freedom Signature Rewards Visa. I canceled them instead. I replaced the Visa with a Fidelity Signature World Rewards and the MC with a Carnival Sea Miles Platinum (Juniper Bank).......big mistake. One of the features is you can access your credit score anytime after the first month. Well, mine didn't work so I wrote them an email. No response so I wrote them another. No response to the second so I wrote a third and again no response and NO record of the three requests. I got this card for use with this upcoming cruise but I'll be shredding it before I board. Unlike the financial services companies, I have excellent credit and can go anywhere, anytime, and receive excellent customer service. Why should I accept anything less? Carnival is doing a MAJOR disservice to their customers by sponsoring this card and my next letter is going to THEM! Like I said, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER, I've read enough complaints here but didn't think I'd have a problem...............WRONG!!!

i was on the phone almost a year ago cancelling it and shutting it down b/c the rewards stink, and the travel agent linked to them is no gem either.

what did i get in the mail 2 days ago? credit card checks. not-tagged-smiley-10181.gif so now i see that the banking part of this card isn't too swift either.

Archived