How do you delete a countdown clock?

:eek: My system would appear to be different from the previous posters insofar as the actual countdown clock is displayed in Edit Signature mode rather than mere wording or code. The procedure I use is User CP > Edit Signature > Ignore Preview Pane and scroll down to Edit Signature Pane > Left click anywhere within clock frame > Delete ;)

I've been wondering if there might be a problem with the countdown clocks. I can't seem to add another one.

I too can see the countdown clock in both the preview window and the window where the text was entered before.

Those of you with specific countdown clock issues might want to check out the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! forum. There have been several threads over there about corrupted codes, problems when using Firefox, etc.

And those of you seeing the same thing in the Preview window as the Edit window are in WYSIWYG mode. I know there is a way to switch to text edit mode but I don't see it at the moment. Might want to ask at the link provided above.

I for one am totally inept when it comes to computers. I can do what I do and that isnt much. I put a countdown clock up and of course it was wrong but was to embarrassed to ask how to get rid of it. I tried and tried and until I followed the above instructions and horray "its gone" tytyty

And those of you seeing the same thing in the Preview window as the Edit window are in WYSIWYG mode. I know there is a way to switch to text edit mode but I don't see it at the moment.

To switch Message Editor Interface

UserCP > Edit Options > scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and Choose from 'Basic Editor - a simple text box', 'Standard Editor - extra formatting controls' or 'Enhanced Interface - full WYSIWYG editing'

Thanks so much for all of the advice! I did (yesterday) try to go to the Edit signature and delete the code, but it told me I couldn't delete it as long as my signature was in use (?) I'll try these steps again! I just want to delete the "Sailed" clock!

Thanks again :)

:confused:

Care to elaborate?

Yeah. They keep deleting my Jewel cruise clock. I prefer to keep it up awhile, so I have to recreate it each time :(

And I've seen others with cruise clocks from 2006 who don't get them deleted! :mad: :rolleyes:

Yeah. They keep deleting my Jewel cruise clock. I prefer to keep it up awhile, so I have to recreate it each time :(

And I've seen others with cruise clocks from 2006 who don't get them deleted! :mad: :rolleyes:

Huh. I've been around awhile and never heard of that!

I think you are only allowed 6 images in your sig and you're maxed out now (4 smilies and 2 countdown clocks). Are you sure that's not the issue? (ie you edit your sig and add a smilie or something and it drops something else off??)

I guess I'm asking how do you know the mods are doing it?

Archived