Tux Rental

Has anyone had any issues with the program that rccl is using. I have tried for over a week to order one and it keeps giving an error. When you call they take your order and forward it to another person who never calls back. The whole thing is over 1 shirt, but it almost seems that no one will talk to you about it.

Evidently, they're still working out the kinks since they took over the rentals themselves.

I rented for our November cruise, and while I wouldn't hesitate to do it again there are definitely things I'd remember to do the next time around.

I rented a full tux package for my son, and also rented shoes for him. My husband wanted a vest set to match my son, so I ordered just that for him. I ended up doing three separate rental transactions on the web site for this...one for the tux, one for the shoes and one for the vest set.

My biggest issue with the website was that I didn't print out the details of the order before clicking on the "place order" button. I incorrectly assumed that a summary would show the details with the order number, and/or would be included in the confirmation e-mail. It wasn't. I was concerned because I wanted to have a hard-copy of the order when we got on board in case there was a problem. I was unable to call up the order on-line after placing it, and a phone call to customer service was somewhat fruitless. They said they'd e-mail me a copy of the order, and they did...three weeks AFTER we got home. When completing the rental for the shoes and the vest set, I remembered to print out the detail BEFORE hitting the "submit" key to have proof of the order.

In addition, I had a problem when ordering the vest set. The booklet showed the price as $20, yet the on-line price showed $25. When I questioned the difference via telephone, their response was "Sorry, the price went up and we haven't had a chance to update the book". OK, it was only $5 so it didn't really matter.

Well they bill the rental to your seapass card after you board. Imagine my surprise when the fee for the vest set showed up as $28! Guest relations was almost no help in getting a $3 credit (I even had printout with the $25 price, but they insisted they needed supervisor approval to give me the credit). I was even MORE annoyed when, after strolling the Promenade, I saw a sign that advertised the tux rentals and clearly showed the price of a vest set at....$20!!!! Back to Guest Relations to now request an $8 credit. It took a while, but they did finally issue the credit.

So long story short...the rental does work. The items were in good shape and fit well. Getting replacement studs for one that broke was easy. I would just recommend making sure you print out the detail of the order and double-check the price you are charged once onboard to make sure there are no discrepancies.

Archived