Lido Deck Stateroom Question -Caribbean Princess

BehrHunter

Hi, I am a first time cruiser and I am booked on the Caribbean Princess for a 7 day S.C. cruise out of San Juan in March. My stateroom is L305 which I gather is the Lido deck. It appears this stateroom is very close to the elevator bank.

Can anyone offer an opinion on this stateroom and rooms close to elevators in general? There doesn't seem to be many staterooms on this deck so is noise an issue? In the past I have had problems with hotel rooms close to elevators. Should I be concerned about noise on this deck?

Any other pros or cons?

Thanks in advance.

We were on the LIDO deck while onboard the Caribbean Princess and loved the location. We had one of the rooms all the way to the front of the ship, L104 with an ocenview. It was a great room because while in port, we could use the doors up front to access the very front of the ship. There is a huge deck over the bridge with a bird's eye view .I have some great pictures of the view from up there and it is perfect for sailaways. You will be close to all the action too. The pools on on the LIDO deck, there is the trident grill right outside your door and the Horizon court is just a few steps away. You will love this location and the ship is wonderful! Enjoy!

If you want to see some pictures of the Caribbean Princess, just click on my picture link below and find the Caribbean Princess album.

I always stay on the Lido Deck and LOVE the location. However, I NEVER stay in the cabins between the elevators and the doors to the outside deck. It is like an interstate highway as everyone from the floors below gets off the elevators here. Stay between the elevators and the front of the ship and you'll be happy. Also as a precaution, watch out for the few rooms that are directly under the gym/weight lifting area because of potential noise.

I am now in L243 which is closer to the bow and away from the elevators but not below the weight room. Thanks for all the responses. You have been really helpful.

Glad to hear that you will be farther away from the elevator lobby. I was just about to post about having stayed in L306 - directly across the ship from the stateroom you were originally considered. The cabin had been an "upgrade" for DH and I, and it was the last time that we ever allowed upgrades. We were not happy campers with the heavy foot traffic with passengers on their way to Lido deck venues like pools, Horizon Court, etc.

That said, we stayed in Lido 239 on the Star (similar deck plans to CB), and thought it was an ideal location.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Hi Terry and Beth-- I was doing a google search on Princess Cruises lido deck rooms (I'm booked on a cruise for June) and was looking for information regarding the view, etc and came across your post on Cruise Critic. I was hoping you might be able to answer a few questions I have--perhaps I could email you if that's easier?

There aren't really any "freeweights" in the gyms except for a dumbbell set, so there really shouldn't be a noise issue from weights dropping on the floor. However, there are weight machines and if patrons allow the lifted weight stacks to hit the remaining stationary stack, some noise could be an issue. It seems to me that only cabins L201 thru L223 starboard (right side or odd numbers) might be effected by this potential noise issue...

As for elevator noise, that should not be a problem - they are quiet. But others were correct, that area from the forward most elevator bank back aft towards the pool deck is a high traffic area and if people aren't considerate and quiet, the noise might be a small problem.

Happy Sailing,

Paul

Archived