Cruise destination Help!

LoveSt.Thomas

Hey guys, I'm looking to take my daughter on a cruise for a graduation present, in May 2010. Anyhow, as a family, we've been on 7 almost 8 cruises together. We've done Eastern and Western Caribbean, Mexican Rivera, Coastal California, and Bahamas.

She does not want to go to Alaska, and Europe is out of the question. Now, we would like to go to the S. Caribbean, but airfare to San Juan is expensive and way out of our price range. We'd prefer a longer cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale if possible.

My question is what areas do cruise ships generally travel in May, June, July, early August? She wouldn't mind doing a Canada/New England cruise, or Bermuda, but we're not exactly sure what cruise lines do during these months. Thanks for all your help.

I know the Canada New England tours are usually duirng leaf peeping season although I remember contemplating one for the Fourth of July a few years back.

If you go to any of the big travel sites they will let you search by destination, month, point of departure or cruiseline or some combo.

I've already done that multiple times, and I'm coming up with nothing I like. I've found a few that I like, but most of them I've already done, or the prices were really really expensive even for an oceanview. She really wants to do Hawaii, and we're seriously considering one on NCL, because none of us have been there, and that was her original wish, but we just wanted to see what other options we're available...

Sorry.

I saw some Bermuda cuises out of NYC & Philly with Philly being much cheaper.

Have you tried talking to a TA or using something like cruise compete? I'm not sure that would work b/c there are so many variables.

Happy hunting. Sometimes I think the planning is 1/2 the fun.

Almost every line will do the Caribbean thing--and that would be my choice, despite having been there before! I just love the warmth and sun....New England is beautiful, but you won't come back with that "sun-kissed" look! (Yeah, I know the sun shines there, but it's just not the same!)

We book everything on our own, we find its much much cheaper doing it ourself since we know what we are doing anyways and dont have to pay a travel agent for their services. I was just curious as where cruise lines go, and we'd rather not take her out of school for a graduation present and with college starting that fall that leaves limited time to go anywhere as well.. Unless we did something during their winter break.. Not sure...

We've looked at Bermuda cruises through NCL, but they only stop at King's Wharf and I know that theres three islands. I realize that going to those different islands wouldn't be a problem but not exactly sure what there is to do, since it may be chilly and theres alot of golf resorts I hear.

Princess has had a cruise to the Caribbean which includes Bermuda. Have you looked at Princess?

No, we have not checked Princess, and I dont see a point in those kind of cruises were you go to Bermuda for a day or Nassau for a day and spend most of your time at sea, now we've found some repositioning cruises that we like but never done one before so not sure what exactly to think... If I could I would like to avoid Nassau or Key West as I've been there 5 or 6 times apiece, it gets kinda old. However the sunshine and the tan does sound very appealing especially during that time of year, but it'd probably be hot here too...

Archived