Seabourn vs. Silversea Balconies/Decks

ImPeaches

Hi everybody,

My husband and I are starting to plan our first cruise and want to do a small luxury line in the Mediterranean.

At first glance, comparing Silversea to Seabourn, it appears that, unless you spring for the Owners' Suite or the Classic Suite, Seabourn's balconies are really tiny---just enough room to stand and look over the railing. It looks like Silversea's, however, are good sized teak decks with enough room for furniture.

Comments from anyone as to why this is, and does Seabourn make up for this lacking in other areas?

Thanks!

Hi everybody,

My husband and I are starting to plan our first cruise and want to do a small luxury line in the Mediterranean.

At first glance, comparing Silversea to Seabourn, it appears that, unless you spring for the Owners' Suite or the Classic Suite, Seabourn's balconies are really tiny---just enough room to stand and look over the railing. It looks like Silversea's, however, are good sized teak decks with enough room for furniture.

Comments from anyone as to why this is, and does Seabourn make up for this lacking in other areas?

Thanks!

On our Seabourn sailings we have not missed not having a verandah. The reality is that if we want to go outside in a matter of a minute or two we can go from our room to an outside deck. For those who need fresh air in their rooms then they tend to opt for those rooms where you can open the sliding glass door.

The existing Seabourn ships are very unique as they only carry a maximum of 200 passengers.

The new Seabourn Ships will have plenty of verandahs but will be larger in that they can carry up to 450 passenger.

Keith

Archived