Eurodam - House wines

southt00

Hi: We are deciding between buying a wine card or bring our own wine onboard. Can anyone tell me what the house wine brand is? We will try some at home to see if we like it. If not, we'll bring our own. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

It was Stone Barn:

division of Delicato Family Vineyards, the company's focus is to develop wine brands that are either ahead of the curve or present the market with an extraordinary wine value within the variety or catagory of wines. It's portfolio includes the following:

STONE BARN

blank.gif_wsb_90x159_Stone+Barn+Chard+label.jpg

Stone Barn is a wine brand with a goal to produce wines of impeccable balance. To achieve this balance the winemakers carefully blend together wines from vairious coastal regions of California, each with a distinct flavor characteristic, thus creating an outstanding wine that captures the essence of the coastal appellations. Each year they taste and compare wines from the coastal regions of California (Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino) to blend a perfectly balanced wine.

Chardonnay, Cabernet and Merlot

We also purchase the 20 pour card in advance of the cruise to get that expense out of the way. The wine (we drink the cabernet) is quite adequate for us at dinner and we use the savings to cover cocktail and beer purchases.

Anyone know why none of the specialty (wine, coffee, soda, signature cocktail) cards are not listed to order online from the HAL site?

As well, I noticed other usual gift offerings missing, e.g. under the Wine/Beverages link there are no "spirits" (vodka/tonic) and, bon voyage white wine.

Do they regularily remove while they adjust prices and repost at the beginning of each calendar year - would that be why? I went to make an order of the cards etc.. for our Feb 21st sailing and was very disappointed I couldn't order stuff :(

Regards,

SP

Good question -- we aren't big champagne drinkers and when we do drink it -- we like the better stuff which isn't offered.

I know on one ship there was a cheap champagne offered -- we had inquired and declined once we heard the brand name. Also HAL was using a different brand for the house wines.

All you can do is ask and decide for yourself -- it really depends on the ship.

From Beverages and More

Delicato Chardonnay '06 (750 ML)

Price: $4.99

10 available

86 PTS WILFRED WONG. Clean, bright and lively, the frisky '06 Delicato Chardonnay shows balance and class that most others in this price range lack; perky in the aftertaste.

SKU:22772

Sign in to add this product to your Wine Cellar or Shopping List.

Product Information

Company : Delicato Family Vineyards

Vintage : 2006

Type : Chardonnay

Region : California

I was on the Eurodam in November/December but do not recall the makers of the wines that were offered as part of the 10-glass-per-card program. I will tell you that the sommelier often stamped our cards and gave us other wines outside of the program for no upcharge at all (including a decent Pinot Noir that I ordered a few times with red meat). (Be sure to tip him at the end of the week, however.) Additionally, at Canaletto, the waiter allowed me to use one of the punches on my wine card as a credit toward the purchase of a "nicer" glass.

Overall, the wine card was an exceptional deal as far as the standard wines are concerned, and, at times, you may be permitted to deviate from the list. A nice attitude and gratuity at the end of a journey gets you a little more, and it also may function as a sort of debit card. Enjoy, and remember that there's nowhere at home that you can get a glass of wine, including tip, for $4.00, so there's little to complain about.

So the wine card can be used at any of the bars on the ship or in the dining room?

Does the corkage fee only apply to bringing your own wine into the dining room? If we bring a bottle or two to drink in our room - no corkage fee?

Thanks.

So the wine card can be used at any of the bars on the ship or in the dining room?

Does the corkage fee only apply to bringing your own wine into the dining room? If we bring a bottle or two to drink in our room - no corkage fee?

You're two for two! Yes, you can use your wine card anywhere wine is served. There may be a problem using it in the Pinnacle, as the wine list there is different.

The corkage fee only applies to the dining room, or public lounges where wine is served. If you drink it in your cabin there is no HAL involvement, so no fee.

Archived