Princess cruise to Antartica?

seacloud2

I'd love information from anyone who has taken a Princess (or other)

cruise to Antartica. We are looking at Feb. Some say that the animals

are not as plentiful and it is more stormy then, but Feb. is better

than Jan. for our situation. Many thanks.

I'd love information from anyone who has taken a Princess (or other)

cruise to Antartica. We are looking at Feb. Some say that the animals

are not as plentiful and it is more stormy then, but Feb. is better

than Jan. for our situation. Many thanks.

I did the Star Princess last year and am going back again for the January 17 sailing this year (yippeee!). I've not gone in February, as everything I've read does indicate more critters, especially penguins, in January. However, I believe that the early Feb date is still pretty good - it's March you really have to watch out for as most of the Magellanics, especially, will be gone by then.

If you'd like to read my review from last year, it's at http://www.cruiseresource.com/2-2-08.htm. Let me know if you have other questions - I love talking about Antarctica!

I haven't been yet, but have booked the 2/2/2010 cruise. If this is the one you're considering and you do book, please join our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=782886

It's very quiet so far, but we do have logo-wear over at Cafe Press.

Also, I do recommend Burbunny's review that she mentions.

Finally, I've been reading the roll calls for 2009 - there's a lot of good information on both the January and February cruises.

If you wish to go ashore (You can't on the big cruise ships.) and are not in good enough condition to go on the adventure ships, try Hurtigruten. At present, they are the only mid-size ship operating. We are 60 and 70, and thought that they were amazing.

If you wish to go ashore (You can't on the big cruise ships.) and are not in good enough condition to go on the adventure ships, try Hurtigruten. At present, they are the only mid-size ship operating. We are 60 and 70, and thought that they were amazing.

I had looked at Hurtigruten and would have loved to sail on them. Only drawback was they wanted more $$$ than I had :)

Can't give you any advice right now but I'm sailing on the Star on 1/13. This has been at the top of my wish list for a long time and can't believe it's almost here :)

Have a great cruise! We couldn't believe Antarctica. It's another world. Nancy

Archived