A Suggestion to Princess Concerning Cruise Itineraries

spongerob

The fact that MGNUT was on the Jan.02/09 was one of the reasons flying rt. from seatac was worth it. His extra effort made the meet and greet a huge success. If Princess stopped at Seattle there would be hundreds of west coasters who would sail every sailing. Seattle is just a quick flight for us in the interior of B.C.
AAh I can just see it now A one hour flight to
Seattle a quick taxi to the ship then 14 days of heaven. Not to mention the warm weather when we get to Hawaii or Mexico.
We leave on Tuesday to lax for a Hawaii sail on the Golden. The cost of flying to Lax is just about as much as the cruise.

[quote name='rdsqrl'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]I completely agree -- more 10-day itineraries would be welcome, no matter from which coast they departed. I'd also love to see Princess stop stuffing every ship they can spare into Alaskan waters (seen one cube of ice, seen 'em all!) and send some down to sail out of FLL or LAX, I don't care which. Or at least mix up the current 9-day sailing out of New York with rotating different itineraries: even a New England/Canada itinerary during July would be a nice change from the same old, same old Grand Turk/St. Thomas/SJU/Bermuda rotation. [/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

I totally agree. We have chosen to depart from NYC what will be twice now because it is relatively close to home. We have no problems with the CB(in fact we do love the ship:D). That being said we would love to see a 14-19 day cruise out of NYC to the caribbean with several different stops or a bold cruise(on the part of princess) to Canada/Greenland/Iceland from NYC. Variety is the spice of live and the Millions of people that cruise from New England would to see more options for us close to home. Loyal Princess fans do not want to try another line just because of where its going. Let the other lines do the same old sailings. If a line could offer a different itinerary from the same port every 10-19 days now that would be something! It also would not hurt to switch the ships around. People are just as inclined to take the same voyage that they may have previously sailed if they can try a new ship that they have yet to experience - especially those who only drive to ports for their sailings. [B]Bottom line is - new itinerarys and new ships keep people happy with their homeport, in turn saves them money and possibly allows for more frequent cruising. A win-win for all:rolleyes:.[/B]

[quote name='easykruz']Would love longer cruises from the left cruise coast.

Why can't Princess have a cruise that would go round trip over 2 to 3 cruises. Let's say you start in L.A. and go to Vancouver, stopping in SF to pick up new passengers, One Cruise.

From Vancouver to Hawaii. Second Cruise.

From Hawaii to L.A. Third Cruise.

Etc.[/QUOTE]

The first 2 would work, but you can't do Hawaii to LA under the PVSA. They could do Vancouver to Hawaii and return (as 2 one way cruises, or simply one longer round trip one) and then Vancouver back down to LA.

[quote name='DanJ']The first 2 would work, but you can't do Hawaii to LA under the PVSA. They could do Vancouver to Hawaii and return (as 2 one way cruises, or simply one longer round trip one) and then Vancouver back down to LA.[/QUOTE]

You could do Hawaii to LA. The cruise would have to stop in Ensenada before returning to LA. This is how Princess can sail the current 14 night Hawaii cruises from LA.

I agree that 7 days on a cruise is not enough, especially after paying so much for the flight. However, it is not too much of a hardship to spend a few extra days in Florida.
Once when we had a 7 day we headed down to Key West for a few days and it was wonderful. As we left the ship we had a second vacation to look forward to.

They do offer 14 Day Alaska out of San Francisco to Vancouver or Vancouver back to San Diego. on the Radiance or Serenade. Their dates are either May or Sept. Since the mariner is no on our West Caost, I wish they went more places then Mexico, and it certainly isn't an option to pay $ 800 + in air far for a 7 day cruise. With the larger ships, they need the shorter cruisers and faster turn over to pay for them.
rj we did the last RT to Hawaii on Oct on the Radiance, then they dropped the schedule for 2009. We had to stop in ensenada for 5 hrs coming back.

I'm finding the opposite problem to be true for me:

I would like a 7 day Caribbean cruise out of FL (or somewhere in the south) in the summer of 09. Princess is only offering cruises out of New York. I don't want to sail down the Altlantic coast; I live on the Atlantic coast! Our water is gray and choppy.

[quote name='spingal']You could do Hawaii to LA. The cruise would have to stop in Ensenada before returning to LA. This is how Princess can sail the current 14 night Hawaii cruises from LA.[/QUOTE]

No, Ensenada satisfies the foreign port requirement for the round trip from LA. One way between the 2 requires a distant foreign port, which doesn't exist in any reasonable kind of routing between LA and Hawaii.

[quote name='LARGIN'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Wondering if you get a better class of people on longer cruises?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"]So are you wondering/worried about the folks you're sailing with on your 'shorter' cruises or feel inferior to those that sail for 65 days or say, the World Cruise? I find there are jerks on every cruise.
Perhaps we'll meet while on the Star this April.
Rex[/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
Could be a big difference in vacation time. I get 15 days of vacation per year. My wife gets 10, although she gets some Fridays off after tax season.

Either way, a two week cruise would pretty much abolish all of her vacation days for the year and take a huge chunk out of mine. Thus, I like the 7 day cruises far more.

[quote name='DanJ']No, Ensenada satisfies the foreign port requirement for the round trip from LA. One way between the 2 requires a distant foreign port, which doesn't exist in any reasonable kind of routing between LA and Hawaii.[/quote]This is why NCL had to go to Fanning Island before they bought the U.S.-registered ships. I'd love to see more cruises, and for longer than 7 days, out of L.A. (other than HI.) But the fact remains that Princess deploys their ships where they'll make the most money and sail reasonably full on each voyage. It's a business and they're looking at the bottom line. I don't like it but I can't fault them for that.

Archived