Best ship for a first-timer

newcruiser30

My husband and I are planning a Western Caribbean cruise on RCI this spring. This will be our first cruise ever and we are trying to decide which ship is the best for our first trip. What are your opinions? We are adventerous people who enjoy lots to do and see as well as lot of variety. DH really wants to take the Grandeur of the Seas ship because he found the trip at an awesome price, but I am reluctant because it's an old, small ship with several poor reviews. What do you think of this ship specifically and what are your opinions on the best ship for a first-timer?

Thank you for your advice!!

ANY ship will do for a 1st time!!! Even the Granduer!!! When you step aboard, you will be awestruck and amazed! There's simply nothing like the 1st cruise!

You can try one of the "newer" ships on your next cruise---there will be another in your future--I guarantee it!

They are all fine. As your 1st cruise an "older" ship is still fine b/c it will still look magnigicant to you. Then you can "graduate" to the other ones if you like.

I sailed RCI's Majesty of Seas before she was refurbished. Everyone said it was a dump. I thought she was glorious. Now, looking back even after sailing some brand new ships, I still get that feeling of awe from the 1st time I saw her.

As for bad reviews you will find them for every ship on every line. Some people are just never happy. But even of the bad reviews you read, somebody on that same voyage had the time of their lives.

We sailed the Grandeur a few years ago and had a WONDERFUL time. Yes, she isn't new, but that isn't a problem IMHO. She isn't huge, but I think that is something in her favor!! I remember how we had the "WOW" experience when we stepped into the centrum.

I would sail her in a heartbeat.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Start small and work up. No maqtter how small, she will seem huge to you. As to bad reviews...For every bad review, there are several thousand who had a grand time. They go home and rave about it to their friends. The grumps go home and go online and tell the world. EM

Archived