"Funship Freddy" toys??

Tudor Rose74

This may seem like a very silly thread....but when I was on my first cruise on the Inspiration...I was looking in the suvenir shop of all of the Inspiration collectibles,something to commemorate our first cruise...well I found that they had on shelves these little weird looking toys...that resembles a hammerhead shark!!:D I swear...that is what they look like, so I asked the clerk...what is this little doll supposed to be?? and he told me....that is "Funship Freddy" and I looked at him with a perplexed look....Who is "Funship Freddy" or *What* is "Funship Freddy"? well whatever the mystery be..I purchased one of the little toys, along with all of my other suvenirs.

Funship Freddy is the mascot of CCL. He is actually the fantail which has always been a big trademark of Carnival. Disney has Mickey so Carnival now

has Freddy. I have seen him on our last few cruises and now you can even

have your picture taken with him!

• 1 month later...

i first met cruise ship freddy on my last carnival conquest cruise out of n'awlin's......i boarded the ship and got atacked by him!! lol he lifted me off the floor in the lobby as my fiance took a picture.......:eek: i had been on carnivals spirit and destiny before cruise ship freedy showed up! well on the conquest cruise it was my birthday i was in the gift shop and saw the mini freddy and wanted one!! my finace dan said i should wait till the end of the week and maybe they would go on sale......ha ha.......that day i was in the cabin and pulled out a carryon to look for something.....i opened the bag and what did i find? a cruise ship freddy!! my fiance was there and bummed out that i found it early...i was happy to see it :).......what a wonderful cruise :)

• 1 month later...

The first night of our cruise last week we were waiting to go into dinner and Funship Freddie was on the stairs. My mom saw him and thought he was so cute! So we had to have one to take home. It is sitting in the extra bedroom because I don't know what to do with him. But we got him. Whoohoo! He was kinda cute!:o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On our last cruise. Took it home to our 3 year old son. It scared him!! We though it was sort of funny but he was terrified. We put it away after that! He will be five this summer and is going on his first cruise. I brought out Freddy again and he liked it this time. He's not too sure about the life-size real one on board but we're trying to prepare him for it!

• 1 month later...

My 10 year old son loved Freddy so much we brought one back from Destiny.

He's still talking about him! However, my daughter, 12 at the time last year,

was totally freaked out by the "real" one. She took off everytime she saw

him coming toward us!

• 2 months later...

Last year on the Glory (our first cruise) we purchased a "Fun Ship Freddy" for each of our boys (while they were at Camp Carnival). When I saw our room steward before we went to dinner, I asked him to put them out with the towel animal that evening. I told him where they would be and when we came back from dinner...My sons were so surprised!

• 1 month later...

When we were on the Legend CTN in October we brought back a Fun Ship Freddy doll for our niece who would be going on a cruise with us on the Caribbean Princess a few months later. When we were in St. Maarten we were docked next to the Carnival Valor. Fun Ship Freddy was standing on the pier and our niece took a picture with him. It was the highlight of her cruise.

Archived