What do you mean "PAY IN FULL"

udog21

I have been reading a number of threads about paying in full vs not paying in full. I thought you had to pay for your cruise in full at the time you booked it. Is this not true? Can I book multiple cruises and just make monthly payments?

One good reason to NOT pay in full right away is if there is a price drop for your cruise and you call Carnival they will adjust your remaining balance to reflect the drop. If you are paid in full the best you will get is an OBC, (On Board Credit) or a cabin upgrade.

I made reservations for a cruise next December and paid the deposit. Someone here yesterday posted that the Carnival prices had dropped and I called my planner last night and she got me a $112 adjustment on my balance. My final payment is not due until Sep 15th and I won't be making it until just before that timeframe for this very reason.

Metman I believe thats been discontinued, I think that when there is a price drop they now will NOT reimburse or give OBC. This just started recently.

Cheers, Carole

Maybe im misreading what you wrote, but they still give you a price reduction if you are not within the penatly phase. If I read what you typed wrong, I apologize:).

Maybe im misreading what you wrote, but they still give you a price reduction if you are not within the penatly phase. If I read what you typed wrong, I apologize:).

Kyrisong1 & Slimpickins,

You are both correct. If you are still not paid in full they will adjust your balance. If you are paid in full you may qualify for an upgrade but they did discontinue the OBC a while back here.

I was simply pointing out the difference of having your own cash in your own hand versus a change in your cruise status. At some point they could reinstate the OBC and my point would still be valid. I would much rather keep as much of my own cash as I can. At least to keep or spend it where I wanted to.

One good reason to NOT pay in full right away is if there is a price drop for your cruise and you call Carnival they will adjust your remaining balance to reflect the drop. If you are paid in full the best you will get is an OBC, (On Board Credit) or a cabin upgrade.

Thats not correct, if you pay in full before final payment and there is a price drop they will issue a refund to the credit card you used to make the final payment.

Thats not correct, if you pay in full before final payment and there is a price drop they will issue a refund to the credit card you used to make the final payment.

This is true......got a price drop just before 70 days out on our cruise for next month & my credit card was credited.....

Archived