Formal Nights on Ventura

ed the dog

Hi

I'm taking my first cruise on Ventura at the end of the month, to the Carabbian.

Could you please advise, should the other half take his DJ or just a normal suit. If poss what % of perole wear a DJ on formal nights ?

Dont want to stick out like a sore thumb, but likewise would not wish to be under dressed.

Thank You

Based on the Christmas cruise one of the few good things about Ventura (as on other P&O ships I have been on) is the standard of dress. Very high - Nearly all the men were in DJ's or dark suits - in fact I cant remember any not. The ladies of course dressed up every night - informal nights not quite to formal night standards but really looking good. I was very impressed with the young teens (young enough to stay with their parents) and children were dressed up - and I think they enjoyed it. Mothers and daughters in similar glittery dresses - a pleasure to see.

I noticed that now the dress code only semed to apply till 10pm

:mad:The rest of the cruise well you can read the reviews

regards Alan

Many Thanks, that is exactly what I need to know, I was going to take a couple of long and a couple of cocktial dreess, so guessing I will be OK or should I ditch the long ?

Ed, are you a cross dresser? :D

I was lucky enough to sail one Ventura for my 1st cruise - leaving Dec. 6th to the Caribbean.

I too was unsure, but after posting on here I was advised accordingly.

I would say that 90 to 95% of the men wore DJ's, some white jackets but in the main black and 99% of the women dressed to the 9's and it was lovely to see everyone looking so fabulous.

I don't know what the weather is like in the Caribbean now (and no I don't want to know:p) but I was advised to take a wrap for the evenings - good advise indeed and not hard to pack.

One word of wisdom - if you see someone on the first formal night, unless you are club dining, you are unlikely to ever see them onboard again - unless you have next door cabins - it's that big a boat and that means you can get away with taking less with you!! (something I am going to remember for my next one)

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

:)

Archived