Other ways to see canopy of rainforest?

Hello, I wasn't sure where else to post this general-type question!

My husband and I are going on our first cruise with RCI at the end of March. Our ports of call are Labadee, Jamaica (Ocho), Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We are in our low 30's, and are not traveling with children. I have always dreamed of seeing the canopy of a rainforest up close, but my DH is fearful of the zipline. Does anyone know if there are any tours where you ride in a 'tramway' type vehicle along the top of the canopy? Maybe an open air carriage with sides? He would feel more comfortable doing something like this.

Thank you! :)

I think the zip-line is probably your best bet--not sure of any "trams" that run through the tree-tops (the canopy)! And, even on a zip-line, you'll be speeding along---not really the best way to "see" anything!

There are train and buses that will take you to the various rainforest areas...check out the "port of call" boards for more info on the ports you'll be visiting.

No trams or aerial cars. The term "rain forest" may be intrepreted differently. There really is no rain forest(amazon type) at Labadee or Jamacia,plently of trees and plant life with rivers and streams,but no real canopy. Closest real rain forest other then the amazon would be Belize/Guatemala/Costa Rica/southern Mexico.

Allan

We took this tree canopy trip in Costa Rica and really enjoyed it. It was also expensive but worth it. A tram car that we were in was an enjoyable and safe way too go. You may want to wait until you get down into Central America to try this type of trip.:o

Archived