Island Oasis Drink Mixes

I went on a fabulous AOS Southern Caribbean cruise this past October and fell in love with the Lava Flow and other yummy specialty cocktails.

After returning home I looked for the Island Oasis mixes in the Los Angeles area, but couldn't come up with them... (True, they can be purchased through www.islandoasis.com, but you need to buy at least 6 at a time. Their prices are waaaay beyond my frou-frou drink budget - 6 quarts for $131.34!!! Shipping costs more than the mixes).

Last night I decided to go on yet another search, figuring that these have to be available somewhere in my area. WooHoo! Persistance has paid off!!!

Surfas Restaurant Supply in Culver City carries the mixes. They are priced at normal retail (eliminating that huge shipping fee) of $8.25 per quart carton, and you can buy as many or as few as you desire. They can be found at www.surfasonline.com Please note, they do not sell the mixes through their online catalog or through the mail, but if you live in the greater LA area, you might want to follow the link for hours, phone number and address so you can swing by and pick up a carton or two.

I have no affiliation with Surfas; I was just thrilled to find that they carry the mixes. Cruise Critics message board contributors saved me a lot of money on my last two cruises, and steered me to very enjoyable activities, both on-ship and off. I'm happy to be able to return the favor to fellow CC members. ;)

The Island Oasis mixes make heavenly drinks - and like a number of other people I was unsuccessful at trying to replicate the results using other products and juices.

I'm not familiar with Fat Tuesday mixers. Thanks for the tip!

On the off chance that anyone is in the Kentucky area. Liquor Barn (I know they have locations in Lexington and Louisville) has them. They are in the refrigerated case though, not out with the other mixers. SO looking in the close storage might put some of you in the right direction.

I make my lava flows from scratch, they taste so much better. You just need a banana, some frozen pina colada mixer and a carton of frozen sliced strawberries...blend up or food process the strawberries and put them back in their carton to refreeze. I just scoop out enough for a glassful as I need it. Pour the strawberry in a glass, blend up the rum, mixer and some milk pour into the glass and voila!

Archived