First cruise-leaving Saturday!

austincici

It's finally almost here!! We leave Galveston on the Ecstacy Saturday morning and I had a couple of questions. I've been devouring everything I can on here, but my mom is reading through her cruise literature and then calling me and I'm starting to second-guess myself. She says it says not to get there early because there's no place out of the elements to wait, that if it's raining we'll be standing around in the rain. Isn't it true that they well go ahead and process us, then there's a waiting area inside for us to wait if they're not allowing boarding yet? I was planning on getting there around 11:30. Also, what food do they serve for lunch on the Lido deck that first day? The same as the rest of the cruise? I guess I assumed yes, but she's under the impression that it's only sandwiches and cold foods. Thanks for any help you can give me!

It's finally almost here!! We leave Galveston on the Ecstacy Saturday morning and I had a couple of questions. I've been devouring everything I can on here, but my mom is reading through her cruise literature and then calling me and I'm starting to second-guess myself. She says it says not to get there early because there's no place out of the elements to wait, that if it's raining we'll be standing around in the rain. Isn't it true that they well go ahead and process us, then there's a waiting area inside for us to wait if they're not allowing boarding yet? I was planning on getting there around 11:30. Also, what food do they serve for lunch on the Lido deck that first day? The same as the rest of the cruise? I guess I assumed yes, but she's under the impression that it's only sandwiches and cold foods. Thanks for any help you can give me!

baring any problems 11:30 is a good time to arrive. actually i want to say our last sailing (november 30th) we arrived even a bit earlier. you may be outside for awhile, but we were lined up along the wall outside and it was pretty cold, not raining. most of it is covered. i think there was an accident inside and that is why we were waiting. but yes, 11:30 or earlier (unless there is fog) would be fine.

there is all sorts of area's to eat on lido deck. an area that does burgers, hot dogs, etc. another area that has pizza, then several buffet lines, on the ecstasy the sandwitches is where the pizza is. to be honest we grab the first empty line and go for it. we ususally have one person hold a table and carry on luggage (cause the room will not be ready) and have other's go load up a tray of food.

you will enjoy yourself, so chill

my belief is you can ask 100 people and each will have different answers, cruising is like having a baby, each one is different, yet alike.

Thanks so much! That's the impression I had, then started wondering if I'd just assumed and assumed wrong...anyway, we leave in the morning to stay overnight in Galveston, then we're off! Supposed to be rain in the morning and high winds. Guess I'll find out if I'm prone to seasickness pretty quick. I have Bonine, ginger pills and bands, and my mom also has some patches, so something should work! I've been experimenting with the Bonine and feel fine until I drink, but then I get sleepy fast! Hope the excitement on board will counteract that. Have a great time, the rest of you fellow cruisers, and thanks for the answers!

Have a great time! All of the little things you worry about always seem to work themselves out. We waited outside the terminal in September because the cruise coming in was a little late. Since you are staying in Galveston tomorrow night, get up early and drive to Harborside and look at the ship, if its not at port, then you might be a little late boarding - but if the ship is there and people are pouring out by 9:00 am - you should be able to do early boarding at 11:30 - 12:00. If its real windy, you might rock a little Saturday, but Sunday the sea and the weather will most likely be great, my fingers are crossed for you.

Please let us know how you liked the cruise - we are taking Ecstasy early February and would love to hear your review.

Bon Voyage!!

Have a wonderful cruise! My mom and I took our first cruise on Ecstasy back in October 06, and we had so much fun! One word of advice though...don't wait until the last sea day to try to fit everything in that you hadn't done/seen yet. We decided to wait until that last sea day to do a bunch of stuff, but a storm came up in the middle of the night before, and my mom spent the whole day seasick and never left the cabin!:eek: I don't get seasick, at least I haven't SO far, but i spent most of that day out of the cabin because being around HER being sick was making me weak in the stomach, so to speak, lol! Have a wonderful cruise, take lots of pics and don't worry about too much...just enjoy yourself. Did you know there are webcams in Galveston? A bunch of people get together and watch the ships come in and then leave again later that day. Go to www.galveston.com and then click on visitor information and then on webcams. Your friends or family can watch your ship leave...these cams are neat...they update every 6 seconds! Have fun, and be sure and come back and give us your review, and pictures too!

My first is Sunday, the Conquest! I can't wait to be on board!! Have fun!

~Kristie

I love the Conquest! A bunch of us watch Conquest come in and leave each Sunday! The webcams at www.galveston.com are up and running now, since Hurricane Ike, and while they have trouble once in a while, they are great cams when they work!

Archived