New York - Fall of 2005?

Krazy Kruizers

I did hear a rumor (probably just that) that in January of 2006 that the new NOORDAM would be sailing from NY, but nothing about the fall of 2005. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility that either the Maasdam or the Zuiderdam might begin to sail out of New York year round for the Caribbean beginning in the fall of 2005?

Seeing that HAL has trips scheduled for the Zuiderdam out of Fort Lauderdale up until December 2005 I doubt that they would be changing to the NYC port anytime before that. Personally, I would LOVE to sail out of New York on the Zuiderdam.

I got my information Ocean & Cruise News.

Even if the new Noordam would sail out of there it would be great. At least we still have some flights left to NY.

I just leafed through the most recent edition I have (October 15) and must have missed it. I didn't find any mention of HAL sailing year round from New York to the Caribbean. Maybe it was in a different issue?

The information I got was in an e-mail from Ocean Cruise while we were on the Statendam.

s7s - don't you get the Ocean & Cruise News weekly news via e-mail as well as their monthly 'magazine'??

Yes.....I get those KK and, honestly, I hardly read them most of the time. That's what I get for skimming by and not paying attention. :( I sure hope HAL really is going to do that. It would be GREAT IMO but I'm not holding my breath, YET.

That would be quite the port change, especially since it would be the embarkation port, it's not like changing the itinerary, say skipping Grand Cayman for another port. Have HAL done that big of a change before?

Also, all those cruises are scheduled as 7 day trips, it would not be very worthwhile to leave from NYC on a 7 day Caribbean itinerary. 10 days, sure, but 7 wouldn't give you much of the Caribbean experience. I'm not trying to refute you or anything (I hope I'm not coming off that way) I just find it really hard to believe that they would do something that major with a schedule already out. Of course I am kind of new to this all so I guess I could be a bit naive to the unpredictability of it all.

I think what is pertinent here in evaluating if it is possible is to remember that the ship suggested as being the one to do that itinerary would be the new Noordam. I am not sure, but I believe she debuts January 2006. If that is the case, she could possibly leave Fincantieri, do the crossing, start cruising from New York for some number of months. To the best of my knowledge, there are not yet any published itineraries for Noordam. Yet. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I did hear a rumor (probably just that) that in January of 2006 that the new NOORDAM would be sailing from NY, but nothing about the fall of 2005. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Oh, God ... I would love that. New York is but a 1.5 hour train ride for me. Much better (not to mention cheaper) than a flight to Fort Lauderdale.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We were told by the Captain at a cocktail party in our suite that the Noordam

will be sailing out of NY in 2006. But when Willem (HM) looked at the schedule for me he could not find it, although he said he had had a notice about it. I guess we will just have to wait and see AND PRAY.

Archived