Weather in London In August

I have read all the temparature guides, but what I really want to know is do we need air conditioning in our hotel room in the middle of August??> We will be in London from August 9-14, pre cruise stay. We are on a limited budget and are looking at some of the less expensive hotels. Most do not seem to have AC. Will this be a problem at that time of year??

Thanks for any help and advice

It really depends on how much you want complete control of the temperature in your room. It does get warm in August, but it's warm and you adjust accordingly.

My flat is a bit of a sun trap because it has a lot of glass, and so we have portable air conditioners in the bedrooms for the really hot days - but during the last two summers we have used the air conditioner on fewer than a dozen evenings in the whole year. Before that we had a run of four or so hotter summers when we used them a bit more than that, and UK weather is nothing if not volatile and unpredictable. However, we only use them when it is very warm; a normally warm summer's day is just that.

Yes If you can find a hotel with air conditioning, then go for it. August can be air-lessly hot during August (it can also throw it down with rain!) and personally I find hotel rooms too hot.

For budget brands try and look for newer build hotels (the Express By Holiday Inn in Wandsworth - a bit far out from central london was built in 2002 and has air conditioning in the rooms).

Also Jurys Inn have air conditioned rooms (mostly), I think City Inn does too.

I have read all the temparature guides, but what I really want to know is do we need air conditioning in our hotel room in the middle of August??> We will be in London from August 9-14, pre cruise stay. We are on a limited budget and are looking at some of the less expensive hotels. Most do not seem to have AC. Will this be a problem at that time of year??

Thanks for any help and advice

Air conditioning...airconditioning, we just open our windows:rolleyes:

It's more about humidity than it is the ambient temperature. If you have a tolerance for humidity, you'll be fine. After all, it's not like we're talking Florida before a hurricane humid. But, as I mentioned earlier, I have a pretty low tolerance for humid weather and wouldn't be happy that way.

Archived