I'm back, and with a question!

Ships R Great

Hi, been gone for a while. Got back yesterday. I received an interesting phone call and I need some advice. We have bought quite a bit of art from Park West. They called and said they wanted to treat us to a cruise on the Millie in Feb. They say it is a "Park West VIP Cruise", all expenses paid plus airfare. Also, they used the phrase "no obligation to you" several times. I said we would have to think about it. Has anyone ever heard of this? It could be a scam or it could be on the level. We have been invited twice to a "VIP" dinner prior to on-land auctions. Went once and there was no high-pressure to buy. I would love to take a free cruise but I would feel better if someone else had done it or at least knew someone who had. Any help out there? They want an answer asap.

springtxbill---we have spent quite a bit over the cruises we've taken. They said they would send written info after we give them legal names and b'days to give to the TA. I guess we could back out after that if it didn't feel right. But, boy, I hope it is on the level!

We live outside Detroit, Michigan where there main gallery is - alltho I cannot vouch for them, and haven't bought anything from them in many years, I can tell you that they've been around forever and probably on the up and up. I would certainly look in to it - you can always back out! Years ago they ran art auctions for small groups as fund raisers - and every couple I know (of a certain age) has at least one piece bought form them.

Fran

I wouldn't give them any personal information such as birthdates before they provided an offer in writing where you could read all of the fine print. Too many scams today. If they aren't willing to send you something in writing before you have to provide information to them, I'd beware of the offer.

How about phoning the company itself, since one of the cc's knows where it is located, and probably your info from purchasing tells you too. Ask for customer relations, and tell them what you have been offered. they will certainly know if they do this or not. It does not make a lot of sence that they want to jam up thier computers with useless info on full names and birthdates etc of people who may not even take them up on their offer. I would check it out really crefully... perhaps your locl police have info too. I do hope it is bone fide... what a wonderful favoured customer gift.....just a very big one that sort of sets off alarms for me. JMHO...

Archived