what would you do??

carol allen

I called my TA to ask for a price reduction since I saw the price went down on their web site. She called me back and said she called Holland America and they said the price did not go down??????????? I was trying to tell her the price was lower on her website. shehas not called me back - why would she call Holland America when her website was lower?

I saw the same cruise for less on another web site - should I cancel her and boo with the new web site?

carol

I called my TA to ask for a price reduction since I saw the price went down on their web site. She called me back and said she called Holland America and they said the price did not go down??????????? I was trying to tell her the price was lower on her website. shehas not called me back - why would she call Holland America when her website was lower?

I saw the same cruise for less on another web site - should I cancel her and boo with the new web site?

carol

We did that and saved lots even ended up with same room

Is this a TA you usually do business with? Have you made final payment? I say - read the fine print of your current cruise contract - does it say they won't adjust if the price drops? If not, ask again for the decreased price and give them another chance to be fair. If not, then I say book with someone else. Just besure you're comparing apples to apples and that each fare includes the same things. Good luck and keep us updated.

I was reading on the boards a couple of weeks ago regarding the lowering of prices so I contacted my online TA and to make a long story short I saved $595 so if you agent doesn't call back either call their supervisor or cancel and rebook but be careful and make sure that the cabin category is available to you.

Kathy

So is it best to pay in full at the beginning, or just make payments until the last little bit is paid to await reductions with the economy? Linda

Linda, You should never pay in full at the beginning, & never make little payments until the cruise is paid in full..

Only put down the required deposit...Understand that HAL has now reduced their deposits to around $400 per stateroom, but don't quote me on that..

And don't really understand why a Travel Agent or HAL would require you to continue to make small payments .

If you want to make small payments, do not send them to the Agent or HAL..Simply put that money for your payments in a bank account..You can create a small bank account which you designate for your travel expenses...Only when the Cruise Line requests final payment usually 90 days before departure, you would then pay the balance in full with either Cash, Check or a Credit Card..

Most Travel Agents will give you the reduction in price unless your ship is fully booked..If it's fully booked then I don't think there would be a price reduction..

Betty

Archived