Bad Behaviour Onvboard (P&O)

pspercy

Miss mental,

I am so sorry you had such a rotten time. It does look as if P&O got their oganisiation wrong on some ocaisons there. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to stand in queue at 7.30 am to book a table for Christmas and New Year.

It almost seems like a different ship to the one we sailed on in October. Obviously you are quire right to give us your opinion and would never shoot it down just because it is different from my experience.

I do hope your next cruise is better.

Eddie

Eddie,

Thanks for your reply. We saved and sacrificed for the holiday for a year + a half. It just felt like we wasted our money to be honest. In the first week we mananged to dock once. We could have been sailing anywhere, just sea , sea and more sea! It was no wonder the atmosphere was tense onboard and P&O did nothing at all to help the situation.

I hear that the cruise director Leon someone actually left the ship without notice on the last cruise. I hear he'd had enough! I don't know if this is true, but someone on the cruise told me??

Regards,

MM

The post by miss mental illustrates how we all have different conceptions and expectations of a cruise. I think it is obvious that this Christmas cruise was a big disappointment for many passengers. No one expects to witness the incidents as reported on any cruise and I certainly would have been greatly miffed if I had been aboard.

However, I am a bit puzzled as to why the poster expected a countdown at the time of 12pm in UK. On the cruise we were on (Brilliance of the Seas) in the Med, this would have been pointless as there were people from all over the world aboard. Were ALL the passengers Brits.

And no captain likes to miss ports. Though he avoids port charges, he has the additional fuel costs even if he cruises round in circles and misses out on the overpriced tours which are a big money earner for the cruise lines.

As I said "different expectations"

As the cruise lines are havihg to cut prices to keep filling ships the consequences are obvious. Service is becoming poorer as well as the onboard entertainment and food, and people with very different attitudes from the traditional P&O cruiser are being attracted. The golden days are gone, sadly.

David.

Miss Mental, I'm so sorry that your cruise was not what you imagined it to be, its such a shame when things beyond your control spoil it for you. Hoepfully P&O will take head of the complaints they will no doubt receive for this cruise, to cease any further re-occurence.

As for sea, sea and more sea - I can totally agree with that concept, although for us it was out of choice on our TA crossing in October, so at least we were mind set on being alone for 6 days!

I do hope that you think about cruising again, it is a fantastic experience when things go right!

Jenni

Balf,

The reason we expected countdown at 8PM was because they did this on Oceana last year! Yes and all the passengers were brits.

Jenni,

We will cruise again when financially viable, but never ever again with P&O. I love RCI, they really do know how to have fun onboard. And yes, If i wanted 6 sea days I would have choosen transatlantic for half the cost!

I sincerely hope that everyone booked on Ventura has a better time than us. I hope P&O listen to customer feedback and make changes. I am not delusional! :eek:

Regards,

MM

The more I read about this cruise, the more I'm convinced that the three missed calls were the key factor. I get a strong feeling that the continuous days at sea turned what would most likely have been a busy cruise with some issues into the cruise from hell. Getting off the ship relieves so much pressure, and also gives everyone something to talk about when they're back on the ship ("what did you do today?").

We do tend to think of the Caribbean as having a perfect winter climate but obviously not.

Archived