Best tip used?

TERMITEJR

Great tips! Been taking an extension cord but will switch to strip for fire safety.

1. I rolled everything last time and used different size Space Bags that I filled up with dirty clothes as the week went on
  2. A few inflatable balloons for easy id of our door! These tend to pop or get popped so we bring a few
  3. Window decorations, we had a mistletoe too that DH hung on a fixture on the ceiling
  4. Our CC name paper in a plastic sheet protector stays on the door
    All these goodies stay up with a little duct tape
  5. A case of water packed in a cardboard box
  6. Folgers Singles to add a little more UMPH! to sometimes tasteless coffee!
  7. Splenda, they ran out on our last cruise!
  8. A small accordeon manila envelope with closed sides for all the papers and bills
  9. A 3 liter box of each Australian Chardonnay and Shiraz wrapped in gift wrap, pretty bow, with the name of a recipient on it: usually Paradise Tom and Paradise Laura. He's real but she's not; we finally got to meet PT in CZM, last time. Next time, I'll bring him milk.
  10. A 6 pack of diet Fresca Cherry or Peach (for wine coolers) along with all the other paraphernalia to carry my potions and keep them cold.
  11. A Speedo back pack that holds the shells I find on the beach, my flippers and snorkel. We have small Zoomer flippers..they take less space.
  12. DH's 2 cents: 3 Tilley shirts, 3 pairs of Tilley socks and 3 pairs of Tilley undies and 3 packets of Woolite along with 6 clothes pins. He never goes anywhere without his Tilley hat too. He has had it for a long time; I just throw it in the washer and it still looks great.

Yes we managed to do the self debarkation last time too and will never go the slow route again.

A well insulated lunch box carried all my breakables including booze further protected by Tshirts .not to leave room for shifting .Worked great.

a 3 outlet plug

Medicines like Tylenol and aspirin ,caladryl lotion -got a reaction from something in the water in Aruba used it instant cure

First aid kit

Baby shampoo for snorkeling masks

After sun lotion

Hello to all: thanks for all the great hints... will definitly be using some of them on my upcoming cruise.

This is our first cruise on Carnival - sailing on the Freedom. Will a regular nightlight plug in the bathroom? (Would not work on RCI). Do the showers have doors or curtains? Is there an outlet plug in the bedroom area as well?

Thanks for the replies!!

just curious... are insulated mugs for coffee or tea drinkers, or do ppl use them for cold drinks as well?

i am definitely bringing a power strip, as i will be sharing a room with 2 other girls! :p

We took the insulated mugs with covers and filled them with punch and ice on the lido then went back to the room and put some rum in them from our rum runners and then went out and sat in the sun! Wonderful!

We took the insulated mugs with covers and filled them with punch and ice on the lido then went back to the room and put some rum in them from our rum runners and then went out and sat in the sun! Wonderful!

Next time, fill them with run in your room first and then go to the lido ;)

More sun time...LOL :D

May I preface this by saying I AM NOT A GERMAPHOBE. But I dont want any part of being ill on a cruise so I bring folded up paper towels sprayed with Clorox Cleanup in a zip lock bag. First thing in the room I wipe the phone, door handles etc. Anywhere I think there might be a lingering norovirus hangin round. So far... so good. I bring enough to wipe the doorhandles every day after the cabin steward has been there. Takes up almost no room.

How about taking one of those sponges with bleach in them?

My #1 best travel tip that I got here was on the fashions board - someone recommended Ameribag Healthy Back Bag. I will never travel without it again! My mom even borrows mine when she's going on a trip (when we travel together again, though, she's gonna have to get her own!)

Different colored highlighters was also an excellent recommendation

Learning that I could order multiple appetizers, entrees and desserts was fantastic

3M makes plastic hooks that attach to smooth surfaces with an easy release adhiesve. We use them for hats, back packs, binoculars, sunglasses on lanyards etc.. We usually put up three or four. They leave no residue and come in different sizes. Tip - don't hang binoculars from the small size.

We also have several magnetic clips to hang up other small stuff like the daily schedule.

We leave the bathroom light on - there's usually a gap of an inch our so under the bathroom door. Plenty for a night light.

On the Spirit class, a magnet so we can leave the air on with the door open.

We, like many others, always pack a six pack cooler for ice - We always take it to hotels also.

To the poster who feels the need to wipe down door knobs, etc:

You can purchase Lysol wipes in travel packs at Wal*Mart. I've purchased the larger packs of wipes for cleaning my own bathroom at home, and noticed the smaller ones there after reading posts similar to yours. Also, I believe Clorox has wipes, too.

I don't feel the need to clean after the steward, or the maids in hotels either, for that matter, but I do understand that some people like to do this. Just thought that those who don't know there are travel sized products like these on the market could benefit! Also have seen travel sized aerosol cans of Lysol disinfectant spray, too.

Dee

My life saver was Pepto Bismol.:) All that rich food did me in.:) I don't use the over the door shoe thing, I just use a large ziploc for loose stuff and put it in a drawer. I do use my toiletry bag that rolls up for bathroom essentials. You can hang it on back of door. The power strip is a must. A small flashlight comes in handy.

I use ziplocs too. I also take a cinching trash bag. After I hang up all of the clothes from my suitcases I transfer everything else out of one suitcase. It then becomes the dirty clothes suitcase. I put the trash bag in it and use it to cart the clothes to the laundry after the trip. Who wants to do laundry on vacation?

1. Walkie talkies for communication

2. motion activated clock ...works great in an inside cabin so when you wake up and have no idea if its 6 A.M. or noon you just wave you hand over it and it lights up for 5 seconds. You don't disturb anyone else in the room this way. Got mine at Brookstone.

3. and by far the MOST important...You can order as many entree's, desserts, or appetizers as you wish while dining!

Do cell phones work to text each other on the ship? Are walkie talkie channels full?

I agree with other posters A power strip is a must have!! The Battery alarm clock is great too for keeping on time.

A battery alarm clock??? Carnival ships don't have alarm clocks in the room???? I need to know. I'll be leaving in a couple weeks. My last cruise had a clock in the room. Oh and why does it have to be battery?? You can't plug it into the wall?? :confused:

Carnival does not have alarm clocks in the room. You can use phone system for alarm but if you want to be able to see what time it is you need a clock or watch. It doesn't have to be battery powered. There is a plug, but you may want to also bring the power strip if you are going to need to plug in more than the clock.

Carnival does not have alarm clocks in the room. You can use phone system for alarm but if you want to be able to see what time it is you need a clock or watch. It doesn't have to be battery powered. There is a plug, but you may want to also bring the power strip if you are going to need to plug in more than the clock.

Thank you! Is there only one outlet? All I need to plug in is my curling iron....and I guess an alarm clock.

Archived