Toddler to Europe-Vaccinations? Questions for MD?

WineDown17

Will be going to my sons MD in a few weeks for his 2 yr check up.

Want to have a list of questions for her regarding any special medical considerations for our trip to Europe.

Has anyone on this board been told their child needed any "special" immunizations, or given any other special advice?

Are there certain other questions I should be thinking of asking when I go?

Many thanks!

We did not travel to Europe, so don't have much info, other than our MD mentioned that Europe is a hot spot for measles and the other MMR diseases. So, if you are holding off on the MMR vacine, you may want to get prior to going. Have a super time! I'm jealous... we've only been back one month and I'm already needing another one! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We took our DD to Europe when she was 20 months old. Our pediatrician said that since Western Europe is heavily vaccinated, we would be fine. FWIW, DD has never had any vaccinations, but she is nursing still at 24 months so she is getting tons of protection from disease that way.

keep in mind i am much older, but my doctor told me that if i was planning on leaving the country for study abroad or anything like that, to pretty much anywhere i would want to consider the hepetitis a vaccine. not sure if this is something little one's get, this was at a college physical.

We took our DD to Europe when she was 20 months old. Our pediatrician said that since Western Europe is heavily vaccinated, we would be fine. FWIW, DD has never had any vaccinations, but she is nursing still at 24 months so she is getting tons of protection from disease that way.

Unless you ran into a non-vaccinated child who was carrying a dangerous disease.

We were all over Italy and our todder did fine. He was 29 months old. He even had no problem drinking the tap water. the only thing we did was make sure he had the standard things like tetnus and heb B before he went. He had a ball.

Tami

We were all over Italy and our todder did fine. He was 29 months old. He even had no problem drinking the tap water. the only thing we did was make sure he had the standard things like tetnus and heb B before he went. He had a ball.

Tami

Tami-Thank you SO much! Since my son will be pretty much the same age as yours when we sail, what other opinions, advice, ANYTHING can you give me!?!?!He is a very easy going kid, used to being on the go.. but I would love to hear about things you did, or wish you did to make the trip such a success. Especially what you did on excusrsions and airplanes.We are so looking forward ot this trip!

Archived