In-room sitting on RCI - age limit

abolanowski

No Flames please....

How rigid are they with the 1 year age limit? DD will be a couple of weeks from her first birthday when we cruise. We are taking our Au Pair with us but would like to have a nice grown-ups dinner with her one night and leave the girls for a couple of hours with a sitter. Do they check the birthdate or just go by what we say? I'm not trying to be a scoflaw, but i don't realistically see the difference between a baby 11 months 2 weeks and 12 months.

Thanks for the info.

I, like you, know what the rules are. But I can tell you that there is a mom here that used the in cabin sitting and her son wasn't 12 months. ;)

The poster's name is Sas - she had a baby girl a few weeks ago so I don't think she's made it back to the board yet. But she mentioned it a few times, her son wasn't 12 months when she first used the babysitting.

All I can say is you can give it a try, but the rule of the ship is that no matter what, you're the age you are on the first day of the cruise, for the entire cruise and they will know how old your child is. But you can try.

I won't flame you for wanting to try. I will simply point out that, while a few have had success, the minimum age is based on what the cruise line has chosen through their insurance (liability and otherwise), and underwriting rates are based on these age choices. The bottom line is that if the cruise line (through one or more of their employees) allows an exception and if (God forbid) something happened, there would be substantial consequences for the cruise line in dealing with their insurers. It's why I think that exceptions shouldn't be made. It doesn't mean I don't understand why you would like an exception. Of course I do and no one should flame you for asking the question.

beachchick

Hi Everyone,

We will be sailing on Oasis of the Seas (RCL). Our little one will turn one on the second day of our cruise. Will will be able to use the in-cabin sitting after his birthday?

Also, my sister and her husband have a connectig cabin to ours. Their little boy will be two when we sail. Do you think the RCL babysitter will watch both children?

Thank-you

Yes, I'm sure they will allow you to use the in room babysitting. When you sign up for it, just tell them there are 2 children. No problems at all with that.

Are you aware though that Oasis will have an area for young children?

Archived