Where is the cheapest place to buy men's shoes?

Ta421sBtrHalf

I am having a real problem finding DS dress shoes. My DH usually buys his from Florsheim, but I am not about to pay $120.00 or more for shoes he will outgrow in two months or less. We went to Syms and to the mall looking at clearence but I have not found anything decent or the right color. It was so much easier finding them when he wore a kids size, but now he wears a man size it has been a real pain. I just lost two ebay auctions trying to get a pair but since my computer if from the stone age it seems to lag when I make a bid. He wore a size 2 shoe for a year and a half and I was soooo worried and his pediatrician kept telling me to enjoy it! His foot has grown 2 sizes since school started and I don't think those feet will ever stop!

I know exactly what you mean. I would look at K-mart, Walmart, Target, Kohl's.
He will only have them on a couple hours, so you don't need to worry about getting the best. You should be able to find a good looking pair for under $30.00 for sure.
Mary

The problem with discount stores is they only carry black and occaisionaly brown, and he really needs burgundy. I will be checking out Sawgrass Mills this weekend because my niece is coming down to buy a dress for a new years eve party and she loves shopping at Saks and Neiman Marcus outlet stores.

Thanks!

Why not try buying shoes from a charity shop, or don't you have them in America. In England we have charity shops where people donate clothes shoes and other items. The charity shop sends the money to the charity they represent.

If you go to a charity shop in a decent area you can sometimes buy designer items at a fraction of the normal cost.

I don't buy anything from these shops myself, but I do sometimes donate items to them.

When are you sailing? Twice a year Syms does have thier sales, and you could pick up a pair really reasonable... Maybe you could go onto thier website for the dates.

JanetM said that white tux jackets were out..... I was so unhappy. I had planned to hit the Syms sale and purchase a white tux jacket for hubby.... I still love them.

We were at Syms over the weekend, that is where DH buys dress shirts and ties. The suit is navy and I posted a week or so ago to ask what color shoes would go with the suit and everyone said burgundy. I did some looking in his closet and burgundy shoes would go best with everything he has to wear this season as well, khaki pants burgundy and navy sweaters and all of his ties seem to have burgundy and navy in them. I am sure I can find some this weekend at the Sawgrass Mills, or he can always borrow a pair of my sisters rental only bowling shoes, she seems to have a pair in every size from 3 to 8 (JUST KIDDING).

Archived