Juice for mixer

Cruiser23490578

I am pretty sure that it is made from concentrate, and probably not Ocean Spray. It may even be from the bar "gun". I do drink mixed drinks with cranberry, and although I didn't specifically check, having worked a bar with concentrates before (and there is a taste difference), that is my "educated" guess. I have taken small cans of juice with me with no problems during my last two cruises; small six pack cans of pineapple and small mango (to mix with our champagne). Enjoy your cruise.

I wonder if I'd be breaking the rules if I carried on a bottle of cranberry juice? I DO NOT want to start my vacation by being called down to security.

You will only be made to walk the plank if the juice has fermented. ;)

Ok yst347. I'll carry on the cranberry juice and if they say anything I'll tell them you gave me permission.....I'll also wear floatable underwear just in case they do make me walk the plank:eek:.

Feel free to use my name but I doubt I have much pull with Carnival. I think a better strategy if questioned would be to say the Cranberry juice is for your weak bladder. You could even show them the rubber underware, that would convince me. :cool:

Is there any free juices that go good with rum on the ship?

During breakfast service in the Lido buffet OJ, Guava/Passion and Grapefruit juice are available from the dispenser. When breakfast ends the machines are changed to Fruit Punch, Lemonade, Iced Tea and Apple juice.

Juice is available through room service also.

There is a Mango/Guava/Passionfruit (or something like that) which is EXCELLENT with Rum....especially Mango rum. It is only available at the drink stations in the Lido restaurant during the breakfast hours....so, get you a BIG glass of it. They used to have a fruit punch on the drink stations after breakfast, but they no longer have it....some stuff about getting a less sugar version. But, me thinks they are trying to do away with Smuggler's Punch :(

I think I'll call and preorder a bottle of liquor for our cruise and ask them if I can also preorder some Ocean Spray. If they tell me no I'll ask for permission to carry it on the ship and I'll let you all know what their response is. Thanks very much for all of your help, much appreciated.

I think I'll call and preorder a bottle of liquor for our cruise and ask them if I can also preorder some Ocean Spray. If they tell me no I'll ask for permission to carry it on the ship and I'll let you all know what their response is. Thanks very much for all of your help, much appreciated.

You are allowed to bring on non alcoholic drinks, so you wont have any problems. My friend does it all the time.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However for purposes of housing small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

You are allowed to bring on non alcoholic drinks, so you wont have any problems. My friend does it all the time.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However for purposes of housing small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

SouthernCaribbean thanks so much. I had no idea (obviously) that I could carry this on legally. If you were on the ship, I'd buy you a drink. Since you're not, I'll drink your drink for you. Thanks!:p

During breakfast service in the Lido buffet OJ, Guava/Passion and Grapefruit juice are available from the dispenser. When breakfast ends the machines are changed to Fruit Punch, Lemonade, Iced Tea and Apple juice.

Juice is available through room service also.

No fruit punch any longer is the latest report.

The passion-guava goes well. I would also recommend picking up a couple of boxes of single-serve fruit punch or Hawaiian Punch mix packets. Wal-Mart brand in particular mixes well if you use 2/3 water and 1/3 rum.

Also, vodka and lemonade is delightful as well.

The passion-guava goes well. I would also recommend picking up a couple of boxes of single-serve fruit punch or Hawaiian Punch mix packets. Wal-Mart brand in particular mixes well if you use 2/3 water and 1/3 rum.

Also, vodka and lemonade is delightful as well.

The passion guava is , by far, my favorite juice to mix with rum. Like others said, it is only available in the morning.

Yesterday my wife brought home some single drink mixes that taste almost exactly like the guava, and it is SUGAR FREE. The first sip I took I expected it to be lousy because they were 12 for a dollar, but after the first sip I said...cruise line guava !!!!!!

She got them at Christmas Tree Shops and they are coming on the next cruise. We squish an empty gallon water jug and bring it on board. Then we inflate it and make a gallon of drink mixer. This will be my new favorite, sugar free, mixer.

DrinkMix.jpg

Archived