Silver Cloud/Tower Bridge, London Photos

Casshew

Hello Silversea cruisers, I was working on my website and came across some photos I took in London of the Silver Cloud sailing under Tower Bridge.

I was on a little Thames cruise and we had gone under tower bridge and were heading back when suddenly it began opening right above us. The captain turned around so we could see what was coming up behind us and it was the Silver Cloud along with the blackest storm clouds that shortly afterwards drenched all of us.

This was August 2006, and I hope one of you were onboard :D hope you enjoy the photos.

silvercloudz.jpg

silvercloudz1.jpg

silvercloudz2.jpg

silvercloudz3.jpg

silvercloudz4.jpg

Good afternoon,

I sailed on the Silver Wind from Lisbon to London last May 2008. It was FANTASTIC. One of the best experiences I've had on Silverseas.

Imagine being outside on the top deck, drinking champagne, eating hors d'ouevres, watching the bridge lift, stopping traffic in downtown London, crowds applauding......all at the same time. Absolutely amazing experience!!!!

See attached picture!

Bon Voyage!

ScottToronto:)

P5130201.jpg.086ac16cc07524694ad98b5ccfca86c4.jpg

I was on that very sailing and to say we were drenched is an understatement! In fact, the first thing we did after docking was go down to the laundry and dry our clothes! I actually have a video of going through but I'm not sure if it would work if I attached it...techno-challenged, you see. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Despite the rain, it was an incredible experience to see the Bridge open to us!

Archived