Just booked first RCI cruise......alcohol waiver

As title says just booked on Voyager of the Sea for September sailing from Barcelona.

I will probally have loads of questions but first is..............

Daughter is 19 so I know I can sign waiver so she can drink alcohol onboard as we are sailing from european port, does anyone who has used this know is it ALL alcohol or limited to wine and beer? I ahave had conflicting information and RCI website and brochure does not mention restriciton to wine and beer but when TA phoned RCI to book cruise they mentioned it. Also as I say she is my daugter but we have different surnames so how will I prove I am her mum ?

Copy of her birth certificate? Notarized statement? Same things you would have used to register her for school I would think. (Although I have kids about the same age and have NO memory of ever proving anything about my relationship to my kid- and he is adopted and looks nothing whatsoever like me.:confused:)

As title says just booked on Voyager of the Sea for September sailing from Barcelona.

Daughter is 19 so I know I can sign waiver so she can drink alcohol onboard as we are sailing from european port, does anyone who has used this know is it ALL alcohol or limited to wine and beer? I ahave had conflicting information and RCI website and brochure does not mention restriciton to wine and beer but when TA phoned RCI to book cruise they mentioned it. Also as I say she is my daugter but we have different surnames so how will I prove I am her mum ?

You say the information is conflicting, but I'v never read anywhere that on the ship now you can drink if you are below age 21.

Maybe you could post the information on the RCL site you are seeing that shows minors are allowed to drink as I have not seen this for years.

You say the information is conflicting, but I'v never read anywhere that on the ship now you can drink if you are below age 21.

Maybe you could post the information on the RCL site you are seeing that shows minors are allowed to drink as I have not seen this for years.

Here it is http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000T0XAIz_7QHAITRGBgjp8X_z:13hldcctq?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=906&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

It is all alcohol not just beer and wine on your cruise just make sure when you check in that the agent puts the waiver on your daughter's account. The agent forgot to do that with my son's waiver and it caused a lot of embarassment on the ship.

You dont have to prove you are her mum, the waiver says parent or guardian if I remember correctly.

It is all alcohol not just beer and wine on your cruise just make sure when you check in that the agent puts the waiver on your daughter's account. The agent forgot to do that with my son's waiver and it caused a lot of embarassment on the ship.

You dont have to prove you are her mum, the waiver says parent or guardian if I remember correctly.

I am not sure about the alcohol but a friend took her duaghter on a RCI cruise, they both had different surnames and it caused a lot of problems. They almost did not let them board (this was a med cruise). In their case the child was a minor and I am sure this is different for over 18"s. I would check though as American laws may be different in that respect. I am sure there was a previous thread about this as I had to look for information last year prior to taking my grandson. We are the same surname but thought we better take a notarised letter just in case, we did not use it but it was there if required.

We did our first cruise last Sept got the bug and have booked for next September 2 weeks Caribbean cannot wait. I am sure you will have a ball and this sight is a god send for information.

Scotfi

thanks , yes TA told NCI today when she rang to book it , I will also print off the waiver form as well.

Some cruises and ports that you will be visiting might request more information. There was a thread a while back that had mentioned, and I forget which cruise, but because it was a specific "cruise" you had to bring a notizied statement for the parent or other parent if you were taking your/the child out of the country. However, I am pretty sure that was required for minors (yonger than 18). This might be the confusing on the statement.

Is it different for some cruises than others in regards to the alcohol? I do not know first hand but I have read on many posts that it is only beer and wine. Could it be that European cruises allow all alcohol or is it Caribbean cruises as well? This also might be the confusing going on with the regards to the alchohol.

Some cruises and ports that you will be visiting might request more information. There was a thread a while back that had mentioned, and I forget which cruise, but because it was a specific "cruise" you had to bring a notizied statement for the parent or other parent if you were taking your/the child out of the country. However, I am pretty sure that was required for minors (yonger than 18). This might be the confusing on the statement.

Is it different for some cruises than others in regards to the alcohol? I do not know first hand but I have read on many posts that it is only beer and wine. Could it be that European cruises allow all alcohol or is it Caribbean cruises as well? This also might be the confusing going on with the regards to the alchohol.

think it will be easier to just tell her not to drink lol

think it will be easier to just tell her not to drink lol

lol. I am sure. I still have a few years to worry about this. Plus I do not think in this economy European cruises are in this future. By the time we do this DD and DS will be paying their own way and old enough without a waiver.

Archived