Can a 21-month-old attend Camp Carnival?

Sigyn

My son will be 21 months old when we cruise later this year on Carnival. What are the babysitting options for a child that age, since he is under the two year old cutoff for Camp Carnival? Or do they let kids under two attend the 2-5 year old Camp Carnival if they're close to the age minimum? I know there's no way to fudge on his age since they'll have his info from his passport, etc.

But I would still like to know my options, if any, for babysitting and finding fun stuff for him to do. We're just taking a five-day cruise and we'll have friends with us to help out, so it's not a dealbreaker by any means, just trying to plan for how it will work.

Thanks!

My understanding is that they are very strict about ages. And babysitting is limited to the wee hours of the morning. You might want to try the Family Cruising section as they have the latest scoops on exactly how all this works. Often, if some of the posts here are correct, better than directly calling Carnival, which is unusual.

My son will be 21 months old when we cruise later this year on Carnival. Do they let kids under two attend the 2-5 year old Camp Carnival if they're close to the age minimum? I know there's no way to fudge on his age since they'll have his info from his passport, etc.

Unfortunately, the answer is NO. They can't allow children under 2 years of age even if they're close to it for liability purposes. However, you will be able to use the babysitting services offered nightly. That should give you some breathing room if the adults wish to go out and have fun at night. There's a charge for babysitting (I believe it's somwhere around $6/child/hour)

thanks for all the great responses! I did post in the family section, too, because I'm new here and learning where everything is. but luckily you guys knew the answers. thank so much!

another question about the babysitting - where does it take place? In your cabin or at a nursery-like location? I would hate to make my son hang out in a strange nursery from 10 p.m. until 3 a.m. (well, not that late, I can't stay awake that long!) while I'm off with my husband and our friends. he needs to be in his bed and sleeping...

a second question - do they provide cribs or anything like that for little ones?

Hi there,

Yes, they do provide cribs for your room, just ask your PVP. My best friend and her family are going in February (with my family) and my PVP got them a crib for the room. Her youngest is 2. We made arrangements with the older kids (2 boys 15, 2 girls 15) that the boys could watch the younger ones (2 and 10) one night and the girls could watch the younger ones another night.

Have a great time!!!

Kristin

Archived