FLL hotel rec's

pudy68

Hello Fellow Travelers!

I need your suggestions for a hotel that offers free shuttles from the airport to their premises, and then to the port the next day. I have never used this port before and I'm not sure which are the good choices, and which I should avoid! Also, what's the best way to get the best price?

Thanks for all of your input!

You can increase the hotels a lot if you would not need a shuttle.

Take a look at any of the hotels on 17th street.

Holiday Inn Express Convention Center, Embassy Suites are two examples.

By Taxi it is only about a 10 to 15 minute ride and about $15 including tip

to get to one of them. Same from hotel to port.

We did a shuttle once. Called when we landed. Waited, waited, waited, as they stopped

at each airline and picked people up. It took us 1.5 hours from when we called to arrive at the hotel and check in!!

Heard stories from other taking longer sometimes.

You should be able to do pretty well on Priceline. I got the Renaissance for $110, but it was a while ago. If you enter 3 stars or higher in the Downtown zone, you should get a very nice hotel. As Jim stated, wouldn't be more than a $15 cab ride & you'll be right near the port.

Hello Fellow Travelers!

I need your suggestions for a hotel that offers free shuttles from the airport to their premises, and then to the port the next day.

The LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood and the Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation both offer free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruiseport. They both offer free breakfast as well. Both have shops and restaurants within close walking distance and both are highly recommended by Cruise Critic posters who have stayed there in the past.

shopping around is the smartest way to get the best deal...we have stayed at the Embassy Suites a couple times and enjoyed it a lot. The rooms are large, its a nice property with close proximity to the airport and cruise terminal and has a pretty good breakfast

All good recommendations. Also with shuttle is the Hyatt Place just off 17th, which often is available from valuetrips dot com. Priceline or Hotwire can often be the best web site to get the lowest price, but you do need to do some homework before bidding. Go to betterbidding or biddingfortravel for assistance. The Renaissance or Grande hotels aren't far from the port, thus a taxi would be reasonable.

Pudy68, are you Kevin?

Bon Voyage.

Nanatravel

Hi Nana!

No, I'm not Kevin. I'm Julie. We were on your 11/7/04 aboard the Mariner, so I'm sure we've talked via the roll call threads before! Nice to chat with you again.

I am very confused when comparing all of the notes for Priceline and Hotwire. I'm thinking of forgoing them and booking the best AAA deal I can find that gives me the airport & cruise port shuttles.

Thank you very much for everyone's input.

In the end, I got 4* Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale 3/19/09 for $122 plus tax.

Although it doesn't offer the free shuttles, We'll wing it with taxi service.

Anyone know restaurants that are close by, or fun things to do locally? We are coming in around noon. Check-in states 3pm but I hope they will let us in earlier if the room is ready. Maybe we'll just end up lounging by their pool if the weather is nice.

Wow, you got a great deal! There are tons of restaurants around that you can walk to. The ones on your block are Bistro 17, China Grille, Bimini Boatyard, Bravo Italiano, and Jackson's Bar and Grill. If you venture further on foot you can find about 20 more within a mile! If you do a thread search you will find lots of info here. You can also take the water taxi from the Grande hotel next door to Las Olas Blvd. or the Beach area, or you can take the 40 bus or the sun trolley to the beachfront or to the Galleria Mall on Sunrise Blvd.

If you post more information about what you like to do, you'll get lots of answers.

I had a question concerning the shuttles at LaQuinta. When I phoned them and told them I would want to get on a shuttle on April 5th, they asked me what cruise line I was on. The woman explained that they have sign ups for the different shuttles and said people from the same cruise line get on a shuttle at a certain time. When we stayed at the Embassy for our last cruise, you signed up for the shuttle, paid the fee, and they stopped at the first ship in line, then the second . etc. The woman was emphatic that they don't do it this way. I posed the question was it possible that the Princess Shuttle could be the 3rd, 4th , 5th, etc and she replied that it absolutely could be and that I could be on a shuttle as late as 12:30. Anyone have this experience there?

Archived