Barcelona port to Airport

CRUISINJ&B

We are sailing Celebrity Summit on 5/22/09. Venice to Barcelona. The Ship docks in Barcelona at 5am. Airlines just changed our flight home from 1pm to 10am. We've booked a CC stateroom. How long does it take to disembark? Will we have enough time to make a 10 oclock flight

Are you prepared to take your own bags off the ship instead of having the porters take them to the baggage hall? If so, you can get off first and get to the taxi line early. There are lots of taxis waiting and a sort of taxi marshall to keep order, expect to wait about 30 mins if you are not near the front of the line. BCN is a busy airport and you need 2 hours to check in and get through security.

Why did the time change/ Are you on a different flight or was it rescheduled? Call the airline and tell them you can't do that flight and see what they come up with. I"d say it is really cutting it close. At least too close for comfort with no stress.

I've written this before on these boards but I'll pass on the info to thank those who helped me. We docked on a Thursday on Brilliance of the Seas at 5:00. We took walk off which was supposed to start at 7:20 but the ship was cleared earlier and we were called off at 7:10. We were finishing breakfast so we ended up walking off at 7:20. The first 4 colors after that were ship transfers. I would not consider a ship transfer because they have luggage carousels in Barcelona and you are at the mercy of everyone on your bus and the speed they find their luggage and the bus is unloaded. So first I will say that if you cannot pack in 1 bag each plus your carryon don't even consider this. We walked through the terminal and to the taxi stand and we were in a taxi 10 minutes later. The taxi line was probably shorter since we got off 15 minutes after the walk off crowd and might have given the line time to get shorter. There were no problems getting to the airport, so 20 to 25 minutes later we were dropped off right in front of the Continental doors at the terminal for our 10:30 Continental flight. We had to wait for about 10 minutes for the counter to open so I am thinking we got there at 8:20. Since there was only this one Continental flight there was only a short line. I can't remember how long the security line was. I do remember there was a looong walk through the airport and later we had to take a bus to the plane so you need extra time for boarding. I've heard that if you take a European carrier the lines at the counter to check your luggage can be a zoo.

We had to go home the same day because we had a wedding to go to the next day. But we were prepared for the possibility of missing the flight and we purchased insurance. Our flight just made the allowable time so it was covered by insurance.

If there is any possibility you can spend a day in Barcelona I would recommend that. There is lots to do and the hotels are not as expensive as other European cities.

I agree with the previous poster about the time allowance.

Good Luck!

Archived