Grandeurs Windjammer

dgwags

Hi everyone, I remember seeing a diagram of the Windjammer on GOS and seem to remember seeing that it has different food stations, like sushi, asian, etc.

Am I remembering correctly? If I am is there an extra charge for these speciality stations? If yes is the food worth the little extra?

Thanks everyone, I don't remember these stations being there when we were last on GOS but things can change in 2 years and memory can fade:)

Hi everyone, I remember seeing a diagram of the Windjammer on GOS and seem to remember seeing that it has different food stations, like sushi, asian, etc.

Am I remembering correctly? If I am is there an extra charge for these speciality stations? If yes is the food worth the little extra?

Thanks everyone, I don't remember these stations being there when we were last on GOS but things can change in 2 years and memory can fade:)

No extra charge for anything in the Windjammer. In the evening they have a wonderful pasta station that is worth trying.

The entire Windjammer was revamped during the last drydock which was probably since you last cruised on her.

I thought the Windjammer on Grandeur was really nice. The food was very fresh, hot, and the stations were nicely arranged. They did have a section with sushi, another with pasta and there was also a carving station. No extra charges for anything in the WJ. :)

Drydock was March/April 2007. They did a nice revamp of the Windjammer at that time. We find the flow much easier, and as mentioned, everything (except winie and soda's) are still free.

We love the create your own pasta and stir fry at night for supper.

I am really glad this thread was started as I was going to ask a similiar question.

Does the Windjammer serve the same items as the dining room? I noticed on recent cruises (different lines than RCI) they served the same items in the casual eating setting as the dining room.

Due to possible conflicts with sunset and early seating, I may need to skip a night in the dining room on an upcoming cruise.

Archived