Flamingo Tours w/ AutoProgreso

BamaCruiser20

Has anyone done the Flamingo Tour with AutoProgreso?

We are not big history buffs, so a day-long trip to the bigger ruin sites really isn't necessary. If anyone has done this, do you actually get to see the Flamingos up close or are the far away? Also, what is a "salt flat"?

I am trying to decide between this shorter tour 2 hour tour and the 4 hour Combo Tour to Dzibilcaltun and Merida City tour. I am traveling with 4 others who have never cruised. They want to do a little "sight seeing" while they also want to make sure there is time to shop before returning to the ship.

We did this tour in November 2007.

The flamingos were not close. They look even farther away in our pictures than they seemed that day. Unfortunately, I left our binoculars on the ship that day.:(

2769117230101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

The salt ponds:

2719303770101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

salt crystals from the pond:

2101875240101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

We also enjoyed our time at the Xcambo ruins. Overall, we thought it was a good tour.

You can see more of our pictures from the tour and our walk to the beach once we returned to Progreso here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/564684580KKfLoX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We booked with a small outfit in the market when you get off the bus. We paid 36 bucks for all four of us. We went to the slat flats, flamingos, some ruins and a small private beach resort.

Londonandlawson, how long did this tour take round trip? I'm wonding if we'd have time to do a little sightseeing in Merida also?? Do you have a name for the outfit you used? You found them off the bus that took brought you down the pier from the boat? Just checking. Thanks!

Adriana

Archived