Self - Disembark

Cptnkirky

I don't remember the answer to this question...so hoping someone can help. We will be self disembarking from our cruise because we drove and parked. Therefore, do we have to get up and off before anyone else...or can we get off at any time during the disembarking process?? What if we don't self disembark...do you still have to get off when you number is called? Just wondering if we are going to get scolded or searched down if we are not there at our designated time?? Thanks!!!

Sorry, I might have made that sound confusing...but we are not trying to get off earlier, instead we wanted to get off later than the self-disembark group. Will they be mad at us for showing up later in the morning with all out luggage in tow?

Sorry, I might have made that sound confusing...but we are not trying to get off earlier, instead we wanted to get off later than the self-disembark group. Will they be mad at us for showing up later in the morning with all out luggage in tow?

I think as long as you get off with or before the last group, there will be no problem.

Probably depends on what cruise line you are taking. We did the self disembarking (they call it express walk-off) on Princess and the designated time was 715-815. This way, all the people that were carrying their luggage off were gone and out of the way for everyone else doing the standard debarkation. I never asked or heard what happens if you sign up for the self carry-off, don't leave your luggage out the night before, and then miss the appointed time to leave. If other cruise lines let you simply carry your luggage off at whatever time during the process, I can only imagine that being a huge mess.

If you do the standard debarkation, and try to go early, it's just a crap shoot whether you will be checked or not. And your luggage might not be ready yet in the terminal if you are going quite early to when your colour would be normally called. This also depends on how much time your ship is in port before debarkation starts. They sort the bags by tag colours on the ship and the early colours are taken off first. We've gotten off in the early groups on Princess and they were still bringing luggage off the ship. You can just sit back and wait until later to go though. They aren't going to question you if your colour was called a half hour ago and you are just leaving now.

Since we always go to a hotel at the end of the cruise and don't have to worry about rushing to get off the ship, we just mark on the form you get at the beginning of the cruise "Independents".

This indicates that we are taking care of our own transportation at the end of the cruise and therefore don't have to rush to get off the ship.

Since we always go to a hotel at the end of the cruise and don't have to worry about rushing to get off the ship, we just mark on the form you get at the beginning of the cruise "Independents".

This indicates that we are taking care of our own transportation at the end of the cruise and therefore don't have to rush to get off the ship.

Wonderful idea...do you know if all cruise ships have that option? We are going on Carnival...

Archived