Hong Kong Port to Airport

DP

Does anyone know how long a taxi ride from port to airport. Is a 12:45 p.m. flight doable? Since we dock night before departure ship will already be cleared day of departure do it will be off the ship directly to airport.

You'll have tons of time. I had the same flight and I think I was at the airport by 9:30! We were off the ship shortly after 8am:)

Does anyone know how long a taxi ride from port to airport. Is a 12:45 p.m. flight doable? Since we dock night before departure ship will already be cleared day of departure do it will be off the ship directly to airport.

Hello

I have not been to Hong Kong (will be there on January 29 prior to sailing on the Azamara Quest).

From my research though it seems that you may be able to save some time and money by having the taxi take you to the Central train station, where you can take the Airport train directly to the airport.

Suggest that you look into this option.

Also, the cruise line may have a bus that takes passengers to the airport.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Could not agree more with the recommendation to take the train. We goy off the Quest on Jan3,2009 and stayed 3 nights at the Renaissance on Hong Kong Island, a great hotel in a great location.

It took us less that 40 minutes from the time when the bellman took our luggage from our room until we were in the airport terminal.

We took a cab for about $3 (US$) to the city airport location. There free are luggage carts at the curb, and you need to only walk about 50 yards to the airline check in counters. The train ticket costs 100 HK$. Each major airline has a counter, and that's the last you'll see your luggage until you enter customs in your home country. There is an elevator near the counters that you take down 2 levels, where you board an express special train that has only 2 stops before you reach the airport. Considering the traffic and costs this is the best way to go.

You might save a few bucks but I can't imagine it being easier than walking off the ship onto a bus that already has my luggage and riding 30 minutes to the international terminal. The bus driver unloaded the luggage and there were carts right there. It took me less than five minutes to put mine on the cart and walk into the terminal and then turn it over to the airline. The less I have to handle my bags, the happier I am!:)

quote=Fredr;17697071]Hello

I have not been to Hong Kong (will be there on January 29 prior to sailing on the Azamara Quest).

From my research though it seems that you may be able to save some time and money by having the taxi take you to the Central train station, where you can take the Airport train directly to the airport.

Suggest that you look into this option.

Also, the cruise line may have a bus that takes passengers to the airport.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Archived