Rome cabs .com

The dot com I purchased our cruise from has recommended Rome cabs for transfering from Rome to port. Has anyone used this service? The almost 200.00 per person for transfers seems pretty stiff and am looking for some alternatives. Thanks

Are you sure it is $200 per person? I think it is $200.00 per car. There are some others around that are less.

Our hotel arranged a private transfer for two other couples on our cruise (we took the train) ... I think they paid 180 euros total. So, in addition to suggestions posted on this forum, you might want to send an email to your hotel to inquire. If you can find another couple or two on your roll call to share with, you'll get the cost down quite a bit.

this was holland's charge, 381.00 for 2 people from Rome to port and back again upon return. I'll double check on this. We haven't booked a Rome hotel yet, just booked cruise today, for a Sept. cruise. Is this something I need to do right away? Is Sept. a heavy tourist month in Rome? Thanks for the help.

this was holland's charge, 381.00 for 2 people from Rome to port and back again upon return. I'll double check on this. We haven't booked a Rome hotel yet, just booked cruise today, for a Sept. cruise. Is this something I need to do right away? Is Sept. a heavy tourist month in Rome? Thanks for the help.

I would think now is a good time, but with the economy maybe not?

But typically in the past rooms do fill up fast.

Cruise lines will always charge way more, so try to stay away from their services when it comes to transportation. I have used Romecabs in the past and just loved Stefano.You cant go wrong and half the charge for his services compared to Hollands.

We used Rome Cabs in Oct '08. Three couples (6 people) from our roll call shared the ride. We were at 3 different hotels near the Vatican. The cost was 180 EUR for the vehicle. We each paid 30 EUR pp + whatever tip we wanted to give. One gal did all the arrangements, but gave them all of our names and hotels. I was surprised to receive a phone call the morning of pick-up to verify the time. They actually arrived about 15 minutes early because it was pouring rain. Which worked out well, as I thought we had our room until noon, but was informed we had to be out by 11:00 am. We checked out, had our luggage downstairs, and the driver arrived.

I think you will find all the companies charge right around the same amount. Civittavecchia is quite a distance from Rome. Takes between an 1 to 1 1/2 hours for the drive. But I would definitely be making my reservation now, if it were me. I wouldn't wait any longer. Have a great trip!

The dot com I purchased our cruise from has recommended Rome cabs for transfering from Rome to port. Has anyone used this service? The almost 200.00 per person for transfers seems pretty stiff and am looking for some alternatives. Thanks

I just booked with Domenico for 120 Euro for transfer from port to airport. The cost for two from the airport to the port is also 120 Euro (again for two not per person). http://www.romashuttleairport.it or info@romashuttleairport.it

We have used this service in each direction. It is the best! Gail

Archived