Did Crown Have Band on Lido New Yrs Eve?

LynneL

Did the Crown have live music on the Lido for New Year's Eve Party? M friend & her co-worker were comparing New Year's Eve sailings. Co-worker on the Crown (which we were on in 2007 & I loved) & my friend was with our small group on Carnival Freedom, which was great, band up on the Lido started at 11:00, at dinner hats & noise makers given out, on big screen TV ball drop from Times Sq. was shown near midnight, etc.

Co-work said on the Crown & there was no deck party, no band, etc. I found that hard to believe. My son went on Caribbean Princess last year (1/5/08 sailing) & they had a belated New Year's Eve party with a countdown & streamers. He couldn't remember if there was a band. So, for Princess not to have a big deck party on the actually party date, I just couldn't believe what this woman was telling my friend.

So, anyone who was on the Crown's New Year's Eve sailing, could you give me an accurate idea of how it was celebrated in case we choose to do another cruise at that time of year & like to know our options. Thanks!

Did the Crown have live music on the Lido for New Year's Eve Party? M friend & her co-worker were comparing New Year's Eve sailings. Co-worker on the Crown (which we were on in 2007 & I loved) & my friend was with our small group on Carnival Freedom, which was great, band up on the Lido started at 11:00, at dinner hats & noise makers given out, on big screen TV ball drop from Times Sq. was shown near midnight, etc.

Co-work said on the Crown & there was no deck party, no band, etc. I found that hard to believe. My son went on Caribbean Princess last year (1/5/08 sailing) & they had a belated New Year's Eve party with a countdown & streamers. He couldn't remember if there was a band. So, for Princess not to have a big deck party on the actually party date, I just couldn't believe what this woman was telling my friend.

So, anyone who was on the Crown's New Year's Eve sailing, could you give me an accurate idea of how it was celebrated in case we choose to do another cruise at that time of year & like to know our options. Thanks!

On the Grand 2006 the New Years Eve party was in the Atrium, with band, countdown and streamers.

On the Dawn Princess for the 2007/2008 New Year's party, the live band was in the Atrium, with balloons, streamers, Baby Time and Father Time, the countdown and snow. It was formal night, so everyone was dressed up... the Atrium was perfect for that type of party. I don't think a deck party would have been as classy. :)

I daresay that the party on the Crown was indoors and definitely not an afterthought. A raucous deck party sounds more Carnival-ish and an elegant party in the Atrium sounds more like Princess...

Here's what we experienced...

New Year's Eve - 12-31-2007

I was on the Crown at New Years but was in the Atrium at midnight. There was a small band/singer there.

Teens were in Club Fusion for their own NYE party.

Neither DD or I know if there was a band on Lido.

I know New Year before on the CB there was a big party on deck but couldn't tell you if there was live band.

Regardless, it was still fun on both ships.

I was on the Crown over New Years and have no recollection of a band on deck, It was really crowded and noisy, and if there was a band I couldn't hear it or see it. There was a celebration going on with streamers, and a countdown on the MUTS screen leading to midnight. This was in addition to what was going on in the atrium.

Archived