Navigator of the Seas LIVE 16-22 Jan 09

Annefran

Is there only one formal night on the 5-day trip? When is it? I'm trying to decide how 'formal' I want to be this trip. Trying to pack extra-light and may not bring a suit or blazer.

One formal night which is night 2.

Yes glitch free now! Sorry had a busy day and didn't get the time to post yesterday.

We've had two perfect days of sunny great weather in Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Yes to lobster dinner tonight, tablemates said it was very delicious. The dish was called Fisherman's Wharf actually, it had shrimp too. The CL name is Carlos, very nice and attentive.

Grand Cayman-did the RCI Seven Mile Beach & Stingray swim. The tender was a little rocky and a woman got sick literally all over the boat. Lots of us couldn't wait to get off of that boat, yuck. The ride back to the ship was less eventful, lol. The excursion left at 10:45, boarded an old school bus to the small docking area to board our boat to go out to stingray park. It was about a 25 to 30 minute ride, very calm and nice compared to the tender ride. When we got there you could see the massive family of rays. I did go in but got out almost immediately because I was creeped out. I stayed on the boat and got some great photos of DD & her friend. You grab a piece of squid from a bucket, they show how to feed the stingrays and how to touch them. DD had a great time! They feed the rays and even kissed one for 7 yrs good luck. The boat team took photos and you could buy the cd for (get this) $40 for 6 photos. NO thanks....

We were there for about 30 minutes and then headed back. From there we went to Seven Mile beach for about 1 1/2 hours. They gave you the usual welcome drink and lounger. That night we had Italian dinner menu, very good. Tiramisu (DD's) favorite dessert. Had a comedian, Johnathan Clark. He does impressions through signing type thing. I've seen him before, he was excellent.

Jamaica- today! We booked our own excursion via the web, Bamboo Beach Club. The best choice for us, if you want as relaxing day at the beach and lots of pampering staff waiting on you. There was only 12 of us from the ship and we had the entire place to ourselves. It was $50 pp, including food, drinks, loungers, towels, musical entertainment and transportation. The Bamboo staff picked us up at the port area at 8:30am and we were at the resort nlt 9:30. They couldn't do enough for us.....they brought you drinks (moitos/lemonade/red stripe beer/rum punch). The water and beach area were extremely clean and peaceful. They did have some t-shirts, hats, bracelets, the usual for sale very reasonable. They also had massages for $22 for 20 to 30 minutes. My DD's friend got one for free and only gave her a tip because she didn't have any cash. Just have to make sure you bring cash to pay, no credit cards. Shemika & Latoya were excellent guides and very sweet young ladies. My girls rented a waverrunner next door for 30 minutes, $25 each and had a blast. I was VERY happy to sit in the sun and stroll the beach. No one bothered you and they weren't pushy about selling you things. they took NO for a answer, which I loved. We went back to the port area about 1:30 and did a little shopping. Got back on the ship about 4pm, showered and got ready for dinner. Tonight is a production show and the Quest, always a great time for all. Tomorrow is our sea day. Will try to post one more time tomorrow afternoon. Happy Cruising!

Hi All,

Today is our last full day of the cruise. Got up about 8:30, had breakfast in the CL and then headed up to deck 12 for some last bits of sun. It was windy and a little cooler than yesterday. We were only there about an hour or so and the weather changed. It's extremely windy, cold and cloudy....not a day for the sun. We are rocking a little because of the high winds and choppy sea. Had lunch at Johnny Rockets, always good. There was a half hour wait for inside, so we opted for outside seating. A little cold but fast service. Lots of sales along the Promenade today. Last night was the Quest. Wow! This is the first time they were actually carding at the door and wouldn't let anyone in under 18 yrs of age. It was about the same type of venue as in the past but some points were a little risque. Our team didn't win, our captain and runner were newbies ad weren't too into doing the required tasks, haha. Big 18 yr and older dance party in the Solarium. they gave the dungeon to the teenagers for the evening. Tonight is the fairwell production show and later Battle of the Sexes. I think we have a had a couple cases of noro but could just be seasickness too, yuck. Heading to my cabin now to pack and shower for our dinner. Forget to answer the question about what time the show was the first day...8:00pm.

Will try to login one more time tonight for my final LIVE posting. Happy Cruising!

Annefran.....thanks for all your posts! Sure enjoyed reading all about your cruise! Makes me even more excited for our trip on the Navigator in March! Wonder what else they are doing when the ship is in dry dock except fixing the stabilizer problem?? Have a safe trip home!

What time was the early seating for dining?
Early seating is 6pm and late seating is 8:30pm.

Hi all! We made it home safe and sound. Still trying to get warm :eek:. Glad that I could answer all your postings. Will write a final review tomorrow as I'm off from work to catch up on the laundry, grocery shopping etc.

CharlesV, yes they did have some poker tournaments on board ship. They even a slots tournament also.

Going to unpack now, take a nice hot shower and settle in for the night. Happy Sailing!

Annefran.....thanks for all your posts! Sure enjoyed reading all about your cruise! Makes me even more excited for our trip on the Navigator in March! Wonder what else they are doing when the ship is in dry dock except fixing the stabilizer problem?? Have a safe trip home!

Whats the scheduled date for the dry dock?

Hi All,

Sorry just finally getting the chance to get online and sum up our cruise. All in all we had a great cruise, met lots of great people from CC, loved our waitstaff and the ship. NOS is in need of repair and I'm glad that it's going into drydock soon. She should come out even better.

Some info: The Quest was a little racer this cruise. They were checking seapass cards at the door and anyone under 18 was not allowed to come in. After seeing the changes, I can understand why. Don't want to go into too much detail to spoil it for anyone that will be going soon. It's still a lot of fun and laughs. The Battle of the Sexes was a little boring this go around though. The Love and Marriage Show was great but was different format from the past. Contestants sat back to back and answered questions at the same time rather than them taking the women and men off to ask the questions. Boarding the ship as a Diamond member really wasn't honored as usual...not sure what was going on with that. Whenever we had any issues like our singing sink facet or needed extra towels etc. the staff was very attentive and couldn't do enough for you. Our waiter and assistant waiter (Dane & Duwaynie) were the best and had great senses of humor. The CD and crew were very friendly and helpful.

In closing, we had a wonderful cruise and hope everyone enjoys their upcoming cruises on NOS. If you have any specific questions, please let me know. HAPPY CRUISING!

Archived