Cruise is 5 weeks away, just got cabin assignment, is it unchangeable at this point?

cacj

We just got the edocs for our Star cruise, and DH is unsure about the cabin location and the fact that it is a connecting cabin. We booked a GTY balcony, and I told him when you get GTY you get the luck of the draw.

But he wants me to find out if it is possible at this point to ask our TA to find us a non-connecting cabin. Is that possible once edocs are issued? The cruise sets sail on Mar 7, and we are fully paid.

I don't think the connecting cabin is going to provide us with problems, most folks are considerate, and usually cabins provide good soundproofing, but DH really hates the idea of a door leading to someone else's cabin (should note, he never accepts connecting hotel rooms when traveling.)

And yes, I know now, too late, that I should have booked a specific cabin to avoid this one...live and learn, once again.

I would just call and find out then you know and can deal with it. I too am leary about connecting cabins and have had them and never heard anything more than any other cabin. That is good news I guess. Good luck and let us know what happens!

We just got the edocs for our Star cruise, and DH is unsure about the cabin location and the fact that it is a connecting cabin. We booked a GTY balcony, and I told him when you get GTY you get the luck of the draw...

If you can just pick any cabin you want, then it is no longer a GTY. Go to NCL.com and price YOUR cruise and see what the price difference is. Might not be that much different.

Cruised once with a connecting door, and the people on the other side seemed to like to try our door to see if it was unlocked. They did it several times. Since all were women in our room, it did make us a little uncomfortable. However, we never unlocked our door, so it didn't end up being a big issue. We did see a couple of the "next door neighbors" once, and they were young men (probably in early 20's). I think once they saw the "old ladies", they finally quit doing it. :D

Archived