Gem- many firsts/first of many-OBC

TravellerNo1

Hi

Iv'e just booked my first Ncl and Gem cruise and for the first time booked with an online USA site (Bestprice cruises) and got OBC of $250 also for the first time. I was wondering if any of you contributers know of this company and know how the OBC is transacted.

Do I have to show up and present myself to the Pursers desk with a copy of the offer? How do I find out if my account has been credited?

I am so looking forward to it, from Barcelona 7 days Med, having read good reports on the Gem on the site.

As I booked from the UK, the downside is that The communication is a little difficult as as yet I have no reply to my emails.

I will be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

Some online agencies are slow to respond. NCL is very slow in most cases, if at all. The OBC will probably show on the copy of the NCL invoice that your TA should forward to you shortly after booking. In the vast majority of cases you will not have to do anything and it will be on your account on the 2nd day or so of your cruise.

Meanwhile, the link below will provide some good info.

Meanwhile, the link below will provide some good info.

Hi - just an FYI -I saw in another of your posts the reference like the one above to "the link below" and couldn't understand why there was no link....then it occurred to me it must be part of your signature. Since the link is designed to help out new cruisers (who are probably new to these boards), if they have "signatures turned off" like I do, they won't be able to benefit from your FAQs. Anyway...just wanted to point that out. :)

Gem is a beautiful ship. Got to check her out on a one-nighter which wasn't enough. Friend just got back from Gem cruise yesterday and she loved it (except for cabin steward accusing her of taking beach towels :eek:).

Whenever our TA gave us OBC, the only place it showed up was on the tv (RC) or on Princess when I ask Guest Svcs to print out my account sheet. But it's always been there as promised.

ENJOY!!

Hi - just an FYI -I saw in another of your posts the reference like the one above to "the link below" and couldn't understand why there was no link....then it occurred to me it must be part of your signature. Since the link is designed to help out new cruisers (who are probably new to these boards), if they have "signatures turned off" like I do, they won't be able to benefit from your FAQs. Anyway...just wanted to point that out. :)

good point, never thought of that. It has received almost 9,000 views, so lots of folks have found it. But, as you said, plenty have not, at least via that link.

I am planning to update it soon, but will wait until I return from our cruise leaving next week.

Gary

Hi

Iv'e just booked my first Ncl and Gem cruise and for the first time booked with an online USA site (Bestprice cruises) and got OBC of $250 also for the first time. I was wondering if any of you contributers know of this company and know how the OBC is transacted.

Do I have to show up and present myself to the Pursers desk with a copy of the offer? How do I find out if my account has been credited?

I am so looking forward to it, from Barcelona 7 days Med, having read good reports on the Gem on the site.

As I booked from the UK, the downside is that The communication is a little difficult as as yet I have no reply to my emails.

I will be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

TravellerNo1, which sailing are you booked for? Be sure and look for your roll call, a great way to talk to others on your sailing and share info.

Archived