Carnival fare codes

Edluvsbd

This might be a silly (or obvious) question, but what is the difference between checking the past guest box and entering the DP3 code? I used to use the past guest code (DP3 or DP7) all the time when checking fares, but now they have that past guest box....?

This might be a silly (or obvious) question, but what is the difference between checking the past guest box and entering the DP3 code? I used to use the past guest code (DP3 or DP7) all the time when checking fares, but now they have that past guest box....?

No difference. Perhaps the person, like you, was used to having to put in the code. Now you dont need it.

• 2 months later...
guys...just wondering...what happens if you use the past guest fare code when you are not a past guest?

Hmmm, i know at the check in point they can check your age and the state on your drivers license but dont see how they could verify that.

As a matter of fact I booked with a TA my first cruise in 2006, and told them I was a past guest, and got a past guest rate. Actually I was telling the truth, I have 3 past Carnival cruises in the 1980s, but Carnival lost all their computer records about 1990, so as far as Carnival is concerned I was not a past guest. I have no way to prove those cruises, might be able to find them on a debit card, but I dont even know what dates or years I took the cruises.

I can tell you that I got a past guest rate, when Carnival had no past cruises listed for either of us... and no one checked. I did book thru a TA. You would have to book online with Carnival to get the rate and not have to lie? (if you werent really a past guest).

Archived