Special Areas onboard

overcated

Having never cruised with RCCL, I don't want to be embarrased by going to "special" areas that are not for everyone. Maybe I'm mistaken but I have heard that the Crown and Anchor Lounge is only for Crown and Anchor members (of course, you can't join until AFTER your first cruise). Also, I have been told that the Concierge Club, Yacht Club, and the Viking Crown Lounge are reserved for Diamond level cruisers only. Is this all true?

I also understand that Portofino and Chops Grille are reservation only dining that charge an additional $40 plus.

As an old Carnival cruiser, I have been accustomed to going wherever I pleased without restriction or additional fees. The specialty restuarants on RCCL I understand and maybe having ONE lounge for diamond level cruisers . . . but what about the rest - sounds odd. Hope my info is wrong.

1. Crown and Anchor lounge is for everyone....you can go there to book another cruise or ask questions about the C&A program.

2.On the AOS the Viking Crown Lounge was for everyone on our April 2007 cruise.

3.Speicalty Resturant-just like on Carnival there is an extra fee...whe we Sailed on the Serenade in August of 2008 we paid an extra 20.00 pp for Chops and Portofino's..my chops price might be a little off but not much maybe 25.00..The Murder Mystery dinner in Portofino's I've read is 49.95 pp

4.Concierge Club-I have no info for you...I haven't climbed high enough up the ladder for the priviledge...we also have never booked a suiet.

Angela

Areas that are "special" or "not for everyone" will be clearly marked. You will see a sign on the door of the concierge lounge ( and I believe you need to use your sea pass to open the door)

Other lounges are public spaces ... unless they happen to be using them for something at a specific time... and again this will be clearly marked. There are several welcome back parties in the evenings... welcome back platinum, diamond, welcome honeymooners, etc... these you will get an invitation for and they are usually checked at the entrance.

Dont worry about going somewhere ... where you think you shouldnt... you will be able to explore the ship freely and have a great time!!!!!

Viking Crowne Lounge is open to everyone unless for some reason they have a special function one day (which is rare). On some ships, there is a room off the VC for the Diamond Lounge, but the VC itself is open to everyone. Views from up there are fantastic. We love going up there and watching the world go by in the evenings.

There are not that many places you cannot go to (like the others have said, it will be clearly marked). All of the bars are open to everyone, and the CL is only for Suites and above (and Diamond on some ships), but again, not something you will miss (I can honestly tell you that on all the cruises we have been on I could not even tell you where the CL is!! So that is how much I missed it. The only reason I kneew where the DL was on Liberty is b/c we are now Diamond. So now I will know where the CL is also since on Serenade the Suite passengers and Diamond members all go to the same place.

Having never cruised with RCCL, I don't want to be embarrased by going to "special" areas that are not for everyone. Maybe I'm mistaken but I have heard that the Crown and Anchor Lounge is only for Crown and Anchor members Anyone can enter the Crown & Anchor lounge. (of course, you can't join until AFTER your first cruise). Also, I have been told that the Concierge Club, If you are staying in a GS or above, you will have access to the Concierge Lounge Yacht Club Never heard of it on an RCI ship, and the Viking Crown Lounge The Viking Crown Lounge is open to everyone, make it a point to get there just to see the view are reserved for Diamond level cruisers only. Is this all true?

I also understand that Portofino and Chops Grille are reservation only dining that charge an additional $40 plus.

As an old Carnival cruiser, I have been accustomed to going wherever I pleased without restriction or additional fees. The specialty restuarants on RCCL I understand and maybe having ONE lounge for diamond level cruisers . . . but what about the rest - sounds odd. Hope my info is wrong.

There are very few places that you will not be able to go. If there is not a door on a particular lounge that you want to go into, go in.

Archived