Xcaret questions

jnnifer01

sherrintxs,

They should have maps available at the shore excursion desk. My parents just got back from a cruise, and they knew I wanted to go there when my husband and I cruise in December. My Mom just picked one up for me. So if you don't find a map online, just pick one up when you get on the ship. You'll have plenty of time to map out your day, but you can do it sitting near the pool!

• 1 month later...

We booked with Carnival for security reasons, price was comparable. There is ALOT of walking to do at the park. The snorkeling is bad, rock & a few fish. If going to just snorkel, pay the $30 for their tour. The river float is a 30 min swim, no current to push you down the river. Walked a good 30 min to get to the free river boat (20 min ride) was a nice ride. It is a very nice park, lots to see and do but alot of walking

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to PDC in October and can't wait to go to Xcaret. We will be there for a while and I'd like to see some of the city as well. Do you think that we'll have time to take a cab and hang out in the city as well as enjoy the park?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to go to the evening performance at Xcaret, which I think is around 7:00 p.m. in the fall. Your admisssion to the park is for the entire day so you can take the shuttle bus from Calica to Xcaret throughout the day. The evening show is incredible! They do a re-enactment of Mayan history.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone done the dolphin tour with Xcaret? Also, has anyone cruised on NCL SUN into Playa Del Carmen and visited Xcaret? How did you get there? Taxi?

Maybe we can share a cab. ;)

I think this fall will be the first time the Sun goes to Playa del Carmen. Cancun was on the itinerary previously.

Here is what I found on xcaret's website (www.xcaret.net):

From Playa del Carmen

You can take a taxi from Playa del Carmen to Xcaret at a cost of about US $15.00 for the 15-minute ride.

If you rent a car in Playa del Carmen you can enter and leave the park as many times as you want on the same day of your visit.

Or take public transportation from Playa del Carmen.

Autobuses Riviera Bus Line

Departures at 9:30 AM and 10:20 AM only. Rates: US $5.00 per persona round trip* Return at 3:15 PM and 8:45 PM only.

Arrival and Departure at Xcaret’s main gate.

Autobuses Maya Bus Line

Leaving every hour from 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Rate per person: US $3.00

The buses will leave you on the highway, one-half mile from Xcaret’s main gate.

A small bus called the “Despeinado” provides shuttle service from the highway to the main gate. It leaves every 30 minutes from 8:30 AM to 10:00 PM. Service is free.

Archived