Booze...rum runners...airports? Bringing corked bottles?

mjl1960

I know there are a lot of threads on here about sneaking rum runners past Carnivals security, but anyone ever have a problem at the airport if it is in checked baggage? Also, if I were to pack a bottle of champaign with a cork, would there be a problem with the altitude/temp of the cargo hold on the plane?

Rum runners were no problem for us anywhere. I would put the champagne in your carry on.

If you are flying you can't put the champagne in your carryon. As much pressure as champagne is under, i'm not sure I'd risk flying with it at all. Stop once you are near the port and pick up what you want and then put it in the carryon to take onboard the ship. With the airline luggage and weight restrictions, that bottle may ending up costing you as well!

If it's a special bottle of some kind you can't get nearby, then i'd go without rather than risk losing it before I even got there!

Im with you vacruizer. We dont want to mess or worry about the airline. We always fly in a day early and stop by a store when we arrive to "re-pack" our contraband! i love rumrunners. I actually put a whole bottle of wine in one and it was so fresh and good. Dont know if it would have been good for a few days...it was gone fast!

I appreciate all the responses. I know that they have cans of soda on the planes, and they don't "explode" because of the altitude. I know if I have an unopened bag of potato chips and go over the rockies in my car, it will explode. I didn't think about the cabin being pressurized...or the cargo hold, so I would think it would be okay...otherwise I guess I will be using the laundry facilities right away. Wasn't sure if the rum runners would be detected and rejected when they xray the luggage when it is checked. Guess I will take the chance and hope for the best. This is the first time I have used rum runners, have 2 32 oz. ones, still debating what to put in them at this point, since they took the punch off the ships it makes it a difficult decision for me.

Again, thanks for the quick responses!!

I appreciate all the responses. I know that they have cans of soda on the planes, and they don't "explode" because of the altitude. I know if I have an unopened bag of potato chips and go over the rockies in my car, it will explode. I didn't think about the cabin being pressurized...or the cargo hold, so I would think it would be okay...otherwise I guess I will be using the laundry facilities right away. Wasn't sure if the rum runners would be detected and rejected when they xray the luggage when it is checked. Guess I will take the chance and hope for the best. This is the first time I have used rum runners, have 2 32 oz. ones, still debating what to put in them at this point, since they took the punch off the ships it makes it a difficult decision for me.

Again, thanks for the quick responses!!

Can you imagine if the airplane cabins weren't pressurized. Wouldn't be a very comfortable ride if they weren't. That's why they have oxygen masks-in case the cabin becomes depressurized. I'd be more concerned about how luggage is tossed around and dropped by handlers of both the airline and cruiseline than anything else. We don't bother taking anything, it's just easier to buy drinks onboard. To us, that's part of the "vacation". Not having to do ANYTHING for ourselves. :cool:

Archived