Spirit Class Aft Wraparound - Need Your Advice, Please!

madelinerose

Hi, everyone.

We may be booking the Legend for the Southern Caribbean itinerary from Ft. Lauderdale.

We had decided on 7298, but now I'm thinking there may be just way too much sun since there's little balcony overhang. We are trying to stay away from the Panorama deck because the Lido is above.

Are 4228 or 4237 too low? I've read that the vibration in these cabins will wake you out of a sound sleep if the ship's pulling into port.

I have seen many pics of the cabins mentioned, but it's still hard to tell how the sun hits the Verandah deck. We don't like to "bake".

Looking for some help here. Thanks a million! ;)

If you don't want to bake, 4228 might be a good selection. We had this cabin on the Pride and our baking time was restricted. Since we do like to bake, we have chosen 7298 for our next cruise on the Spirit.

When we sailed in cabin 4228, we did experience a LOT of noise and vibration on the first night. Once we sailed south of Cabo, the noise and vibration was minimal and we didn't really notice it. I can't say what it might be like sailing to the Caribbean. Our cruise was in the Pacific to the Mexican Riviera. But, knowing our experience, if this was the only aft cabin with a wrap around balcony, I would grab it in an instant. The rewards for this cabin was well worth any noise or vibration.

Thanks, Kathy.

I'm torn between 4228 and 7298, actually. I would like to be between 2 decks of cabins only, so 7298 sounds ideal. I'm sure the noise and vibration is less on the Verandah deck. We certainly won't be in the Atlantic as long as our Miracle cruise leaving from Baltimore, which was really rocky, imho.

One more question...are you able to use the bungee to keep the balcony door open? There doesn't look to be a way to hook the other end. We used the bungee on the Miracle in an 8A and it worked great.

Have a good week.

We had 8273 on the Spirit and again last week on the Miracle. Didn't notice the vibration on the Spirit, but we did get some on the Miracle. During docking it was pretty noticeable. I would imagine it is worse down below. Midday gets some pretty intense sun on these balconies. However, alot depends which way the ship is sailing. This more than offset by the sensational mornings and evenings. Not to mention, the panoramic view coming in and out of port. These are great rooms and you should snag on if you can get it. They won't be around long.

Thanks Lil Bird,

It's always great getting info from seasoned cruisers. Our first cruise was last month on the Miracle in an 8A aft. Our cabin was great, but I know how much greater it could be with the Cat. 11 wraparound.

The sun certainly won't be any more intense than lying in a lounger on the Lido, and, we'll have the option to hop inside the cabin. Our cruise isn't until April 2006, so there's still some choices.

This will be a surprise for DH's birthday. I sure hope he appreciates it.

Karen,

The fact that we didn't have to deal with the crowds and finding a chair on the Lido deck was one of the fantastic points of this cabin. My friend that I travel with hates the crowds so our own balcony was perfect. I have a disability and being on our own balcony, I can hobble around the cabin without putting on my leg brace. Out by the pool, that is never an option.

If you look at the picture again that I sent you, you will see a shower nozzle behind the door. So, when we were hot being out in the sun, we just used the shower right there on the balcony. It's the only way to travel on a cruise.

I have 7298 for an upcoming mex riv cruise and I know we will have very little sun for the first two sea days because we are traveling south.

My past mex riv cruises have taught me this lesson. Dont depend on sun on the aft.balcony in winter months when traveling south. Its not going to happen.:(

the last day at sea, heading north, with be very sunny.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/view.php?uid=1431

If you have not seen this link, its good. Its 7298 on the pride.

Thanks Lil Bird,

It's always great getting info from seasoned cruisers. Our first cruise was last month on the Miracle in an 8A aft. Our cabin was great, but I know how much greater it could be with the Cat. 11 wraparound.

The sun certainly won't be any more intense than lying in a lounger on the Lido, and, we'll have the option to hop inside the cabin. Our cruise isn't until April 2006, so there's still some choices.

This will be a surprise for DH's birthday. I sure hope he appreciates it.

:confused: Madeline! was your 8A balcony too small for a lounge chair? It looks like it from pictures. My mom will be in one and I told her just two chairs and a small table.

I wonder why the legend has nice teakwood balcony chairs and the Pride has plastic? :eek:

:confused: Madeline! was your 8A balcony too small for a lounge chair? It looks like it from pictures. My mom will be in one and I told her just two chairs and a small table.

I wonder why the legend has nice teakwood balcony chairs and the Pride has plastic? :eek:

The regualr 8's will only be room for 2 chairs (which do recline back) and a small table. Im sure you could ask the cabin steward for a lounge chair but you wont have any other room back there. The two chairs back there sit kinda low to the ground.

Something to keep in mind during the day--pull your drapes closed to keep your cabin cool. It is very hot back there and we dont get ocean breezes like you would if you had a balcony on the side.

I forgot to mention earlier about the door. If you look around in your room you should find a "U" shaped clip about 6" long. It is usually by the safe or in one of the drawers. It clips into the track above the door and then holds the door perfectly at 90 degrees. I think it was made for the steward, but they leave them in the rooms for convenience.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, too small. Two regular chairs and a small footrest. Don't know about the teak chairs, sorry. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/view.php?uid=1431

shoot, i dont know what could be going wrong. Its a blue background, but with pictures. Do you give it a while to load?

Let me check and see if there is a back door to the site. Maybe if you click your way in, it will work. The pictures are amazing!

Took this off the picture page:

stopped by CRUISE ******S and thought you would find the following URL of interest:

URL: http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/view.php?uid=1431

Try this link to view the cabin pictures. I copies them to webshots.com. Maybe you will have some success in viewing. http://community.webshots.com/album/227735328jvECLi

The aft wrap arounds are fantastic. We had 4228 on the Pride. Here are our pictures. http://community.webshots.com/album/146127830RchNhk

Have a great cruise and take lots of pictures. I've booked 7298 on the Spirit in January 2006. I'd like to see more pictures of this cabin on any of the spirit class ships.

Do you need a special tool to turn on that shower sprayer on the aft balconies, had an aft wrap around balcony on the Triumph but never noticed an shower sprayer thing on that ship.

Anyone know if the aft balconies on Miracle have this?

Jimbo:)

kathy, that was so great of you to move those pictures. Yours are great too. The floor plan is just a little differant on the fourth deck then it is on the 7th!

I hope it isnt too chilly on the balcony while traveling south those first two days.

We have done the mex a few times with aft balcony's on Royal, and I remember we didnt get any sun on the stern the first days.:( The sun is so far in the south during the winter months.

Sheilb, Come back! I bet Kathy has solved your problem.

Hi there,

Thank you, I managed to see the pics, tho they were really tiny...but it sure gave me a good idea of this cabin! I have it for June on Miracle, and can't wait!

Kajsb! your pics were great too...I didn't notice any loungers on 7298...I hope I can get them...Also...I see a large bed...Can this be split up as 2 singles?

I am taking my Mother for her birthday, and prefer a single bed...as I am sure she would too! LOL

Archived