A question about Online Check-in

pengu1n

We made our reservations through a TA and I was able to log in at NCL and complete the online check in. Last week, we made the final payment and it is on my credit card (not listed as 'pending' anymore). However, after I log in to "my reservations" it shows 3 areas: Online check-in : shows "Complete"; Make payment: shows "call travel agent" ; edocs: shows "pending." (I can reserve shore excursions okay.)

When can I expect the 'make payment' to show it is completed? Secondly, when should I expect edocs to be available? Our cruise leaves 3/22/09. We have 2 rooms and both show the same info.

We made our reservations through a TA and I was able to log in at NCL and complete the online check in. Last week, we made the final payment and it is on my credit card (not listed as 'pending' anymore). However, after I log in to "my reservations" it shows 3 areas: Online check-in : shows "Complete"; Make payment: shows "call travel agent" ; edocs: shows "pending." (I can reserve shore excursions okay.)

When can I expect the 'make payment' to show it is completed? Secondly, when should I expect edocs to be available? Our cruise leaves 3/22/09. We have 2 rooms and both show the same info.

You may have paid your cruise in full with your TA, but that does not mean that NCL has received final payment yet.

d man

We used an online TA - final payment to TA 1/20/09. Final payment date listed on NCL site 1/27/09. I figure the difference in the two dates is to allow time to transfer the $$ to NCL. The 7 days don't make a difference to me - as long as I still have my cabin on 1/28/09 I could care less.:D

I used an online TA but the charges come directly from NCL, as I can see on my charge statement. I guess the TA calls in with our credit card number. As DDelfarn stated, it may be because the TA gave up part of their commission, because I get a cheaper price from them than anywhere else.

As I've got 2 months before I sail, I'll give a week or so to catch up. Right now, it doesn't really matter, because I know I've paid in full.

Are usually ready about 3 weeks before the cruise. Even after we had filled out the online form and had paid, we still couldn't access the edocs. Our TA told us when they were ready to access.

Enjoy your cruise!

We made our payment early, (Dec 3 -Final due was Jan 9) We were only able to access our eDocs last week.....(Jan12). I think our TA actually sent the payment to NCL on the final date instead of when we actually submitted payment. Which is ok but I'm not sure how the surchange change will work though...

If you hover over the help icon to the right of My Reservations on that page, it tells you, "If you booked a reservation through a third party whom you are paying directly, the Make Payment button will not be active"

so there should be nothing to worry about!

What we discovered is that it makes a difference whether your are booked as an individual passenger or as part of a group. The payment completion and e-docs won't show up as ready until the group coordinator releases them. Our Feb 6 cruise was just released Friday even though we had been paid up sine October. Some of the online agencies may book you as part of group space they have reserved.

If you hover over the help icon to the right of My Reservations on that page, it tells you, "If you booked a reservation through a third party whom you are paying directly, the Make Payment button will not be active"

so there should be nothing to worry about!

Has anyone seen their edocs when the "make payment" button is not active? Or are they unrelated?

I did book through a third party, but I paid NCL directly (they charged my credit card, not the TA).

Here's the deal! Couple we are traveling with STILL shows contact travel agent under make payment BUT they have all of their e-docs. So once you get your e-docs, it doesn't matter what the "make payment" says cause they aren't going to give the docs to you unless you are paid in their records. All you need in your hot little hand is the piece of paper that says Ticket and you keep the identical copy that says guest copy (and I bring it along just in case). But if you are still sweating after all that, just call NCL and ask if you show paid in full. But think about it, if they had not received your payment by the final date, you would no longer show that you have a reservation on their site. They would dump you like a hot potato. So relax, don't worry, be happy! Bigred

Archived